Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostRail Refunds
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostRail Refunds

LowEndAdminLowEndAdmin Member
edited October 2011 in General

HostRail was put to dead pool back in June this year, however I have just received the following email from Constantinos Coudounaris:

To: LowEndAdmin
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:03:24 +0300
Subject: HostRail Refunds / Data

Hello,

>

I would like to briefly inform all past HostRail.com clients that refunds are available from

>

Phone Number: 009614542366
Email: [email protected]

>

Thank you.

I can't really tell the authenticity of the email and whether it's really from Constantinos. But maybe it would provide some lead for those who are on the lookout to get their money back.

Edit: Looks like there's some mis-communication with Constantinos (ex-owner of HostRail when it got into deadpool) and Host961 (Lebanon based hosting company, current owner of HostRail.com). Or maybe there's no communication at all. But it seems there's no refund but only partial credit for using Host961's service.

Boo to both of them. Thread closed.

Thanked by 1consc198

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Const sold the domain/gave it away to one of the leeches that was on his facebook trying to score clients so I dunno what to think of that.

The data is long gone so I'm not sure why they're mentioning that.

Francisco

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Sounds a bit fishy, why so late?

• Strange, this phone number is in Lebanon? I thought Constantinos was a Greek?

Yep, skype tells me that it's in Lebanon. I think this is a fake.

• .. offered refunds from HostFail? lol, good one :)

(he's from Cyprus otherwise)

I bet LEA was the only one who got that email and in that case it must be fake.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

Infinity said: I bet LEA was the only one who got that email and in that case it must be fake.

Well said, I was their client, but I didn't receive anything now!
    But even though, it's still not impossible that Constantinos lost client emails, since their own website was taken down together with all servers.
    But then again, phone contact being from a different location strongly suggests that it's not more than a scam. be C A R E F U L !

• Nigerians are really improving!

• might be there provider trying to get there clients to sign up direct and obtained the client list from hdd. Highly unlikely but thought i would just put into the pot.

If it is real then there must be some big catch.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited October 2011

Bah, he owes me like.. 2 usd

And BRANDON owes ME 12...

• consc198consc198 Member
    edited October 2011

• LowEndAdmin said: I can't really tell the authenticity of the email and whether it's really from Constantinos. But maybe it would provide some lead for those who are on the lookout to get their money back.

Just wanted to confirm that it is actually me that sent that email.

According to the Domain WHOIS Report those are the contact details of the current owner so feel free to contact the person - http://whois.domaintools.com/hostrail.com

• have you seen the popup on http://hostrail.com/ also asks ppl wanting to restore there account to submit a support ticket.

• Host961JasonHost961Jason Member
    edited October 2011

Hi,

I am part of operations support at Host961, Host961 has no business affiliation with HostRail. Host961.net is not legally responsible for refunds for HostRail (prior ownership) customers.

We are working our best to restore some customers. Host961 is offering free hosting to those customers affected by HostRail problems.

You can open a support ticket at https://www.host961.net/clientarea.php or call internationally to: 00 961 76 330 911.

Sincerely,
    Host961 Support

• It's down. Too many customers flooding the link?

• It's visible for me, please retry your visit.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Host961Jason said: We are working our best to restore some customers. Host961 is offering free hosting to those customers affected by HostRail problems.

What exactly you're offering? Just curiosity.

• Wouldn't touch you with a barge poll anyway.

• People are free to choose a quality web host, host961 offers just that.

VPS, SSL and Shared Hosting is offered at Host961

• There is the fakeness and spamness in Host961 however so do yoru research before its too late.

• Host961Jason said: I am part of operations support at Host961, Host961 has no business affiliation with HostRail. Host961.com is not legally responsible for refunds for HostRail (prior ownership) customers.

Unfortunately officially and legally you are obliged to continue offering refunds - you did the wrong actions unfortunately and you've now entered into a tunnel where you wouldn't want to have entered.

• consc198, What exactly are you implying about Host961? Host961 is reputable company. Host961 has a zero tolerance with UCE/SPAM, we have an acceptable use policy and terms of service that all customers must abide to.

• Consc198, Are you a lawyer? Or a regular person? I would suggest consulting with an attorney before making accusations. This is a forum to discuss the original thread, not for roasting.

• Host961Jason said: Consc198, Are you a lawyer? Or a regular person? I would suggest consulting with an attorney before making accusations. This is a forum to discuss the original thread, not for roasting.

I am the registered owner of the HostRail Trademark, this thread was not for roasting until you Mr. Anto Richa came into the story and made it one.

• Hostrail has a trademark, then I would suggest using that and contact your attorney.

• I am here, Constantinos Coudounaris.

• Hmm, people you might want to research Hostrail, they have no trademark in the United States; perhaps in another country? lol

• Host961Jason said: consc198, What exactly are you implying about Host961? Host961 is reputable company. Host961 has a zero tolerance with UCE/SPAM, we have an acceptable use policy and terms of service that all customers must abide to.

Are you a joke company? There really is no need to be spreading your name everywhere..

Thanked by 1Host961Jason
  • AnTo said: I am here, Constantinos Coudounaris.

I know you are here. Do you want to explain yourself publicly or do you prefer privately?

This discussion has been closed.