Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$20/mo Dedicated Server By Server Complete - Not in France!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$20/mo Dedicated Server By Server Complete - Not in France!!

earlearl Member
edited April 2015 in General

From WHT

Server Complete is having a $5 off sale on their C2D E8300 server, which brings the price down from $25/mo to $20/mo..

Intel Core2Duo E8300

4GB DDR2 RAM

80GB SATA-II Hard Disk

5TB @ 100Mbps

5 IP Addresses (1 Primary + Routed /30 Secondary)

Jacksonville Datacenter

Automated Provisioning of Servers

FREE Setup -- $20.00/month

COUPON CODE: 5OFFC2D

Click Here to Order

Network:

15TB on 1Gbps Switch Port - $10.00/mo

IP Addresses:

Additional Routed /30 - $0.00/mo

Additional Routed /29 - $6.00/mo

Additional Routed /28 - $10.00/mo

Additional Routed /27 - $16.00/mo

Just to mention that the IP's are bound to the first MAC Address you use, so not like the private vlan.

I have no affiliation with Server Complete, just sharing what I think may be a good buy for someone looking for a server in the US..

Comments

• With that price and spec, I'd probably go delimiter.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • earlearl Member

@msg7086 said:
    With that price and spec, I'd probably go delimiter.

Yes there's lots of bargains to be had here. just giving more options than the one's we are already accustomed to.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited April 2015

I will go with Delimiter also.

Edit: it's 15TB on 100Mbs, not 1Gbps port.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • AmitzAmitz Member

That's so funny. The same server did cost me around $250,- per month back in 2009. I think it was at Singlehop in Chicago.

Thanked by 2earl netomx
  • This is Delimiter's equivalently priced offer:
    Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

• works delimiter offers already fine, thats the question .. ?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • earlearl Member

@Amitz said:
    That's so funny. The same server did cost me around $250,- per month back in 2009. I think it was at Singlehop in Chicago.

looking back on some of the older offers on WHT it's funny how much p3 and celerons use to fetch..

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • earlearl Member

Delimiter has some great offers.. no doubt.

just wishing more provider to come on LET. you know for variety sake..

• MarkTurner said: This is Delimiter's equivalently priced offer: Dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk, 1 IPv4, /64 IPv6, 5TB Gigabit, dedicated ILO/KVM - $20/month

you liar!

it's not $20 a month it's $30

• earl said: Delimiter has some great offers.. no doubt.

i wish they would be honest for once instead of quoting monthly price. they should show the real price. some bad business practice..

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    i wish they would be honest for once instead of quoting monthly price. they should show the real price. some bad business practice..

I do agree, you shoud list the correct price.. This drives me bonkers on WHT. not specific to just delimiter thought.

• earlearl Member

Anyways guys.. I would appreciate if we stay on topic and not turn this into a delimiter thread..

I'm sure we all get the point now, but this thread is about server complete! not delimiter.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • sinsin Member

Anyone have a server with Server Complete? Are they decent or ?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

We doing x3470 with 8gb Memory 500HD for $20 per month in seattle as well but we out of stock at this moment.

• earlearl Member

@sin said:
    Anyone have a server with Server Complete? Are they decent or ?

Yes I had a server with them briefly.. Daniel was very accomodating and support team was friendly enough.. I like the panel too. The only thing I didn't care for was the routed ip. Everything else was good, but this was a couple years ago. Not sure how the service is now.

• earlearl Member

@key900 said:
    We doing x3470 with 8gb Memory 500HD for $20 per month in seattle as well but we out of stock at this moment.

I noticed that offer.. but what good is a great deal if there is no stock! :p

• earlearl Member

Honestly this offer is not about lowest $ for the highest specs.. It's just trying something different.

For $20/mo you get SC's entry level server to try out their service and support and see if it's a good fit for you.. If you check out their server line from the WHT offer they have some decently specked Dedi's it's not just $20 servers..

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@comXyz said:
    Edit: it's 15TB on 100Mbs, not 1Gbps port.

Sorry I missed this.. you mean it's an error in the offer page? It seems right thought I recalled they use to offer something like 10 TB on 1Gbit or 100Mbps unmetred as a free option.

• The bigger offense is the disk:

earl said: 80GB SATA-II Hard Disk

How old would that disk be? 10 years?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    The bigger offense is the disk:

Don't think age makes a difference, I've had brand new drives that fail.. mainly seagates.. so having new drives does not guarantee reliabilty.

and also you should always have backups! if the data is important to you.

• @earl - thats true, but you need to hedge your bets. Personally I'd prefer something within 12-18 months on a low end system. Its not just losing your data, its the question of how long it takes for a datacentre to replace the disk. We saw recently on here with Online's E3 promotion that they were taking days (4-5 days) to replace disks, which with a single disk system renders it useless or for a dual (RAID) system its 'at-risk' during that period.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Online's E3 promotion that they were taking days (4-5 days) to replace disks, which with a single disk system renders it useless or for a dual (RAID) system its 'at-risk' during that period.

That's why I like to buy my servers in two's ;)..

I have lots of idling servers anyways so if one does fail I just upload my backup and restore in proxmox...

and I think my drive was replaced in about two days.. Honestly can't complain with the current price I pay for the dedibox.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@earl said:

Something like that go out stock quickly but we will have more soon.

Thanks

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

@key900 said:

i dont doubt it.. good deal for sure.. let us know when you have more

• SnapeSnape Member

@MarkTurner said:

Maybe they've got cases of 'em still sitting around somewhere that they're trying to use up. I've had the same server with WII for about a decade now, a 933MHz PIII. They keep coming up with new PSUs and 40GB PATA drives to keep it going, somehow.

• @snape: Or maybe they came with systems ;) Core2Duos used to ship with similar sized disks as they were mostly desktop PCs. Eitherway 2-3 years of heavy datacentre use and they should be tossed in the trash.

• earlearl Member
    edited April 2015

Snape said: I've had the same server with WII for about a decade now, a 933MHz PIII.

Is it cause you don't like change? I can't imagine what you would have paid for that PIII 10 years ago. Hopefully they have adjusted your price to reflect the current market value..

WII/DS is great!! if it were not for that network issue they were having couple months back I probably would still have my sever with them..

• sinsin Member

earl said: Don't think age makes a difference, I've had brand new drives that fail.. mainly seagates.. so having new drives does not guarantee reliabilty.

Speaking of which...I have 4 different hard drives in my work/gaming rig right now and each hard drive is at least 4.5+ years old running 24/7 (I never turn my computer off) and they all still work great with no signs of failure.

Thanked by 1earl