Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedi with RAID/SSD and Windows server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedi with RAID/SSD and Windows server

Hey,

Im running project (game server) with forums, website and teamspeak. It's a non profit one, funded by my community.

We've started with a basic server and linux, then we moved to a better one, now we're in Hetzner.

Thing is, it already costs me around 50 euros/month for the gameserver and linux server files are totally crap/not beeing fixed by game designers.

Game itself is very resource hungry, but it mostly depends on fast hard drives. Atm we use an i7, with 16GB of ram and Raid0. Gameserver files on linus are only 32 bit so no more then 3,5GB of ram is beeing used.

Now my question is, is there a hosting provider that have similiary priced DS but with cheap windows server license? I know this sounds a bit ridicolous...

I can also offer some kind of banner add for discount or smth. I've got more interest in server then i can actually host with linux files. 1300 new players in 2 months, around 70 regular, 20 server slots atm due to latest update and bugs....

Kind regards,
Chantaz

Comments

• http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/

Windows licence costs 20 € extra per month

• ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

If the server can be in USA Las Vegas i can offer you a

Duel CPU L5520

24GB Ram

2 x SSD 128GB hardware RAID

1 x 1TB Constellation drive

1GB Port

20TB Bandwidth

Windows server 2008R2 full license

$50.00 Monthly

PM Me if you want more info

----------------------------------------------------

OR A

E3-1230-8core @3.2

8GB Ram

2 x SSD 128GB

1GB Port

20TB Bandwidth

Windows server 2008R2 full license

$50.00 Monthly

PM Me if you want more info

• Forgot to mention, it has to be in EU.