Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapvpsdeals.net & taipres
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapvpsdeals.net & taipres

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
edited September 2012 in General

Some might remember @taipres and his site cheapvpsdeals.net.

All his effort to bring people ofer to his site since it was "better" at everything. I somehow by accident revisited that site (had to restore a crashed session in my browser) and noticed that there had been an update to the theme.
Not only that, it now looks like its a part of the VPS6 network...

I have no intention of bringing old discussion up again, just something I noticed that some might feel the need to know aswell :)

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited September 2012

I'm not really surprised, he was always a VPS6 fanboy but now it looks like it was a bit more than that.

A bit ironic given his talk of how biased everyone here was towards BuyVM.

I hope @vps6net jumped in after he went on his last hiatus, at least for objectivity's sake.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • Taipres was kind enough to offer the domain and WordPress database to us when he 'checked out' of the community. It's actually just beginning to see some attention to development again, and will hopefully grow into a nice little platform.

Any here who would like to post some deals are more than welcome!

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy Asim jcaleb
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@vps6net

Isn't the .net domain owned by @Prometeus ? Or was it transferred?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

A VPS deal website ran by a VPS provider, not exactly unbiased :P

Thanked by 2lbft rm_
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: A VPS deal website ran by a VPS provider, not exactly unbiased :P

Let's not talk of rope in hangman's house, this site was in the pocket of buyvm. Every two threads were about the awesomeness of BuyVM, aldryic and ponies and if it wasnt, it was quickly becoming from the 6th reply onwards.
    Far from not admitting the merits of buyvm, there was a marked lack of criticism where they had to be criticized and if someone was raising the voice was quickly silenced with horrible attacks and if that didnt work with outright bans.
    Things have changed and I am the first to admit it.
    M

Thanked by 2rm_ [Deleted User]
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

@Maounique said: Let's not talk of rope in hangman's house, this site was in the pocket of buyvm. Every two threads were about the awesomeness of BuyVM, aldryic and ponies and if it wasnt, it was quickly becoming from the 6th reply onwards.

Far from not admitting the merits of buyvm, there was a marked lack of criticism where they had to be criticized and if someone was raising the voice was quickly silenced with horrible attacks and if that didnt work with outright bans.
    Things have changed and I am the first to admit it.
    M

Really? The only ban i remember was you. BuyVM cant help having a lot of fan boys. I could say your doing the same thing with prometeus now.. :P

Thanked by 1Taz
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: I could say your doing the same thing with prometeus now.. :P

"I have used uncle sal vps and it works great, uncle sal is great"

Thanks,
    M

I see that in every thread with uncle sal services, this message would pop right up from M :D

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
    edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: I could say your doing the same thing with prometeus now

I wasnt talking of regular ppl, but the general site. taipres was banned too iirc, and possibly others, you may never know who was banned and who wasnt except if you happen to catch their name. Or maybe others backed down from the first threats, or simply quit disgusted of the ad-hominem attacks from Aldryic and his fanboys.
    BuyVM still has fans now, that is perfectly fine, however banning the ppl that show flaws in a provider never happened, except in the case of BuyVM.
    As I said, that is in the past, but truth is the truth and should not be forgotten, this site should remain the place where consumers rule and should have a voice, even if their opinion is in minority or unpopular.
    M

P.S.

@Randy said: I see that in every thread with uncle sal services, this message would pop right up from M

Yet neither uncle nor me or other fans (havent seen haters yet, but I am sure they will come) asked for the banning of anyone. Nobody attacked their opponents in the way Aldryic was permitted and encouraged to, also. Things did change, and I believe everyone benefits.
    I am also not making threads about him, nor am I going to every thread to turn it into a prometeus discussion. I sincerely believe it is a great provider and it is a shame not many ppl know about it.

• @Maounique said: this site was in the pocket of buyvm.

Public opinion among a site's users and editorial/moderation policy (or funding/hosting, for that matter) are two very different things.

• @Maounique said: @Randy said: I see that in every thread with uncle sal services, this message would pop right up from M

Yet neither uncle nor me or other fans (havent seen haters yet, but I am sure they will come) asked for the banning of anyone. Nobody attacked their opponents in the way Aldryic was permitted and encouraged to, also. Things did change, and I believe everyone benefits.
    I am also not making threads about him, nor am I going to every thread to turn it into a prometeus discussion. I sincerely believe it is a great provider and it is a shame not many ppl know about it.

it was a joke, dont take it too hard :p

@ihatetonyy said: Public opinion among a site's users and editorial/moderation policy (or funding/hosting, for that matter) are two very different things.

And it is a great thing that it is like this now. I never asked for anything else. However we must not forget the past, because we might repeat it.
    M

• @Maounique said: Let's not talk of rope in hangman's house, this site was in the pocket of buyvm.

@Francisco was so terrible to this community - that people like BuyVM isn't because it provides quality services at a reasonable price, it's because he conspired with LEA/Chief! Of course.

If you want to know why any particular person was banned, it was because they were being an annoying twit.

edited September 2012

@lbft said: @Francisco was so terrible to this community

I am not talking about @Francisco, I still think he is a great guy and apologized to him that I sometimes went too far replying aldryic's low attacks which were tolerated and even encouraged by the banning of the opponents when it was looking like his attacks had no effect.
    @Francisco has my respect and I am sorry once again if he had to suffer in this situation. By no means I wanted that.
    His only flaw is that he cares too much for someone who does not deserve that IMO (as a human being, not as an employee, of course).
    M

@Maounique
    You preach your opinion like it's the truth.
    Do you have anything to back it up?
    What I do remember about taipres and the fights with aldryic was that difference in opinion and when it turned into cock-fighting, taipres was the looser, not because he was anti-buyvm but fell on having a quicker path to name calling and profanity.

Somewhere close to @Naruto :)

• I say taipres got every bit of what he deserved, so eh, what's the problem here? ┓(゚ペ;)┏

• was taipres banned?

• @jcaleb said: was taipres banned

Didn't he request to be self banned?

Thanked by 1jcaleb

His account isn't banned no (to what I can see) but he was banned for 2 weeks, if I remember correct.
    But in my book he asked for that, he once asked me to never visit his site since I said I liked LEB/LET better even if his site had more "features".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@vps6net
    you can't run a LEB-like website and sell LEBs yourself at the same time.
    Not with a straight face, not with any expectation of people believing in you being unbiased. You will hold up or decline offers to be posted if they are better than your own -- or at least that's what everyone will think. And I see your endeavor is not exactly popular so far, doesn't seem to be any new posts since May.

• @rm_ said: you can't run a LEB-like website and sell LEBs yourself at the same time.

Devil's advocate: transparency is the new objectivity. And, of course, visitors to CVPSD will no doubt know about LEB, which they can use as a yardstick to see just how well the site is covering deals.

@rm_ said: And I see your endeavor is not exactly popular so far, doesn't seem to be any new posts since May.

The WHOIS says the last modification was in July; I'd imagine that's when the transfer happened. If they've just managed to push out the new template, I'd imagine it'll take a bit more time before they can get content out.