Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the most expensive servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are the most expensive servers?

defaultdefault Veteran
edited April 2015 in General

Probably we are all here looking for the world's cheapest low-end servers offers (virtual and dedicated), but what are the world's most expensive servers offers (virtual and dedicated)?

Comments

• jhjh Member

www.firehost.com

• JyleeJylee Member, Host Rep

We once offered VPS in Macau staring from $188 for 1GB plan...

• Anything aimed at Enterprise level. You know those sites without any public offer or pricing.

• liquidweb?

• wychwych Member

The niche hosts that offer a specific service/platform and on the price it says contact us/sales; if you have to ask the price in that scenario you likely can't afford it.

However the shared hosts that offer 1gb Disk, 100gb /month traffic and the like to a local company for a few hundred a year are onto the real money makers.

Thanked by 1mint
  • I can do it for you :) whats your budget?

• http://prq.se/?p=dedicated&intl=1

1540 BTC/month for a HP DL120G6.

Is that expensive enough for you?

Thanked by 1RA4W
  • mintmint Member
    edited April 2015

@Jylee said:
    We once offered VPS in Macau staring from $188 for 1GB plan...

I've seen a Korean company who offers 1GB/5Mbps dedicated virtual server (=단독형 가상서버) for 300K(276.3$) won/mo for 12 month (+Free setup) or 980K(902.6$) won for once (+50K(46$) won setup) server fee + Colocation fee 200K(184.2$) won a month, They've been there for 16 years and still earn like 10-15M$ a year.

• Jylee said: We once offered VPS in Macau staring from $188 for 1GB plan...

Heh.. did you have a sales? :D

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    http://prq.se/?p=dedicated&intl=1

I feel that they simply forgot to update their Bitcoin prices from when it was worth less.

1,000 SEK/month is now a days ~ 0.469957 Bitcoins (~116 USD)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2015

Zappie said: I feel that they simply forgot to update their Bitcoin prices from when it was worth less.

If they got a single sale, they will update quickly :)

• $290,000,000

You maybe able to get it at somewhere like OVH for $500/month with unmetered gigabit connection. But you'll need to ask them

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Softlayer?

• JyleeJylee Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

themt said: I've seen a Korean company who ...

Do you mind telling their name?

fitvpn said: Heh.. did you have a sales

Hmm actually there was one customer requesting for Macau IP so we launched the VPS. After he cancelled the vps, we cancelled the server too... The IP fee is so expensive there.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2015

Jylee said: Jylee

Also interesting, you asking for $1,630 for 100Mbps unlimited port in China..Did someone really need pay this amount for it? Just funny. In Russia near China 100Mbps unlimited port included for free :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

fitvpn said: Also interesting, you asking for $1,630 for 100Mbps unlimited port in China..Did someone really need pay this amount for it? Just funny. In Russia near China 100Mbps unlimited port included for free :)

I think you don't need as much money to bribe Russia government than China government to let you have port (especially because recently they are trying to crack down on corruption there).

• mintmint Member
    edited April 2015

Jylee said: Do you mind telling their name?

Their company name is (주)후이즈, site is here, the plan I've mentioned is here.
    Also, they are well known domain registrar too, their domain pricing is here.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2015

perennate said: perennat

Which corruption you talking about? There no more than every other place. Just bad propaganda. How this compare with port speed? Just funny.. Russia great telecom country, not save with every 100Mb compared with slow and overprices Asia, isn't?

• mintmint Member

wych said: However the shared hosts that offer 1gb Disk, 100gb /month traffic and the like to a local company for a few hundred a year are onto the real money makers.

I have lots of Korean examples if you want to see them.

• Orelsoft.cz -249,286,00 CZK /m = 995393.514USD (oh please correct me if im wrong)

Hewlett-Packard komponenty
    8x Intel Ten Core Xeon E7-8870 / 2,40 GHz / 30MB cache
    4096 GB DDR3 ECC
    4x 600GB SAS 15,000 otáček s HW řadičem HP P410i a cache pamětí 512 MB + baterie
    2x 120GB SSD S ATA3 500 MB čtení / zápis

• mintmint Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    Orelsoft.cz -249,286,00 CZK /m = 995393.514USD (oh please correct me if im wrong)

> Hewlett-Packard komponenty
    > 8x Intel Ten Core Xeon E7-8870 / 2,40 GHz / 30MB cache
    > 4096 GB DDR3 ECC
    > 4x 600GB SAS 15,000 otáček s HW řadičem HP P410i a cache pamětí 512 MB + baterie
    > 2x 120GB SSD S ATA3 500 MB čtení / zápis
    > 

They ask another 17890CZK ($714.62) a month for dedicated 1Gbps, wow.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited April 2015

But 80 core 160 thread... 4tb ram... screw the drives. Run as disk instead #thatIO... that thing would decimate all

• mintmint Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    But 80 core 160 thread... 4tb ram... screw the drives. Run as disk instead #thatIO... that thing would decimate all

which is not for network u.u

• IBM's super computer???

• RA4WRA4W Member

@GIANT_CRAB said:
    http://prq.se/?p=dedicated&intl=1

They obviously mean 1540 SEK in BTC...

• vijaivijai Member

Probably HPSC cloud services. But you cannot really call them as servers. But if you are willing to expand your search to include HPSC, then yeah. The funny thing is almost none of them are ever worth the price. There are a few companies which are not as famous and offer compute power for a reasonable price though.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

BurstNet VPS... most expensive.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Softlayer is really expensive..

• emgemg Veteran

The most expensive servers are at the NSA. You already have a free account, where they backup your email, instant messages, cellphone calls, etc. ;-)