Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Benefits of PowerDNS in VPS's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Benefits of PowerDNS in VPS's

danitfkdanitfk Member

Hello fellows :)

I saw the PowerDNS option in Virtualizor , But I don't know what is exact benefits of PowerDNS for providers and clients.

What is benefits of Power DNS in VM's?

Thanks.

Comments

• Clients can set reverse DNS from Virtualizor, if your host supports delegating rdns.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Clients can set reverse DNS from Virtualizor, if your host supports delegating rdns.

So , If I'm using rental dedicated servers (like hetzner,..) I can't provide rDNS for my clients.Right?

• @danitfk said:
    So , If I'm using rental dedicated servers (like hetzner,..) I can't provide rDNS for my clients.Right?

You need to get an IP block from them, and not just use their IP pool i think.

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • @danitfk said:

I think that you will need to use their API in order to accomplish this

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • SadySady Member

SolusVM also have that, you can add a PowerDNS server & point your IP block on PowerDNS's IPs/Nameservers. Then your clients will be able to update PTR records themself :)

Thanked by 1danitfk
  • Thanks to all
    So PowerDNS is all about rDNS and PTR Records.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2015

Yes, but it can also do DNS records for normal domains (A/AAAA/MX).

• SnapeSnape Member

PowerDNS also has far, far nicer stats, if that's the sort of thing that matters to you.

• VPSnetVPSnet Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2015

PowerDNS is same as bind9 or similar packages, but powerdns have mysql (and other databases) support and cool control panel Poweradmin - for me powerdns looks much more better then bind and others.
    PowerDNS is DNS server which one support lot of: DNS options(PTR, A, AAAA, AFSDB, CERT, CNAME, DHCID, DLV, DNSKEY, DS, EUI48, EUI64, INFO, IPSECKEY, KEY, KX, LOC , MINFO. MR, MX, NAPTR, NSEC, NSEC3, NSEC3PARAM, OPT, PTR, RKEY, RP, RRSIG, SOA, SPF, SRV. SSHFP, TLSA, TSIG, TXT, WKS ), DNSsec, recursion, replication and other futures.

i think its the best dns server what you can find, also it can be configured as CDN server. We use it on our datacenter, it have DOS/flood protection (i`have not tested it because we filtered it) how i already told i think its best opensource dns server

1 package, for all DNS futures

you can control PTR records if your DNS server configured in APNIC, ARIN, RIPE NCC, LACNIC, AFRINIC database - it can be done only by ip space owner