Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLVED] GVH to Xfuse-A question.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLVED] GVH to Xfuse-A question.

DroidzoneDroidzone Member
edited April 2015 in General

Following Duke's explanation, things have been cleared up, and he's mentioned that they will honour the orginal contract with GVH. I've edited the post to reflect that.

Comments

• Yes it's legal. They shouldn't be changing the terms in the middle of your prepaid period, but changing it at the renewal date is acceptable. Nothing forces you to renew if you don't want to.

• did your vps specs stay the same and will they in the future?

• Yeah all specs will stay the same I think, what plan did you have?

• It sounds like a V-Enterprise yearly, the discount for that is reoccurring.

• @joelgm... I am not really sure what your issue is to he honest. You requested to renew a service that was heavily discounted and I told you over the ticket that the price you were paying is the price you will pay. I could have easily removed the discount but I chose not to out of courtesy

http://prntscr.com/6oy25t
    http://prntscr.com/6oy2ic

Without getting too much into detail with your account, I don't know why the large price increase. But you can see the same discount was applied to your account.

You paid $47 a year ago and you get it for $47 again this year. You'll get it for $47 each year until you cancel. Didn't I explain this to you over the ticket you opened?

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• So the high resource plans are being continued at the same prices? cool!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wow, looks like xfuse is doing great so far, not heard many complaints, and the one i read here is unfounded. It looks more and more possible they can pull it through :)

Good luck @xfs_duke

• JoeMerit said: So the high resource plans are being continued at the same prices? cool!

Yes, Duke and Jon confirmed that in a statement: https://i.imgur.com/rboE5La.png

We have received confirmation that prices will NOT be raised at XFuse Solutions upon completion of acquisition.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited April 2015

@XFS_Duke said:

You paid $47 a year ago and you get it for $47 again this year. You'll get it for $47 each year until you cancel. Didn't I explain this to you over the ticket you opened?

You did. This post was opened before I got your last reply.

Honestly, my 'issue' is that I entered into a contract with GVH with a recurrent price for a service. The invoice which I paid this year states that the price of my service has been increased to double.

A discount was applied to the invoice which gave me service for this year, at the same rate as last year, but I had no guarantee that the discount wouldn't be dropped in the next invoice.

As per your last reply, I've realized that my fears are unfounded. Thanks for explaining.

I've edited the OP so as to not cast any misapprehensions. Good luck with managing the company!

• @joelgm - prices are always subject to change; if you want a price lock in then you need to prepay for a fixed period.

From what I can tell here, XFS_Duke is just normalising the billing system and use promotion codes to apply discounts the prices. This is a far more professional way to do it then just manually editing invoices or product prices.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • from company aspect they can't offer same price because there is no profit for quality of service.

Duke offered same discounted price would be great for you to continue with them.

from customer point, i can felt your expense doubled but you will get more quality of service from @XFS_Duke than GVH.

• eversmile_host said: from customer point, i can felt your expense doubled but you will get more quality of service from @XFS_Duke than GVH.

Yep, 100% uptime on all GVH nodes in the past 30 days apart from one in Texas!

• BruceBruce Member

I bought a VPS in NL, specifically so I had some non-US connectivity. When they moved that service back to the US I had to use for it. Reasonable to ask for a refund, but no I didn't get any.

Also, my US VPS with them wasn't renewed. It was deemed bad business to offer renewal, which is their right. But doesn't make you want to pay more for the same service.

I also have a credit balance with GVH/Fuse, but don't seem to be able to use it.

• BruceBruce Member

Update: I contacted Duke regarding my "transported" NL service. He has resolved things very amicably. I thought it was worth posting, to show that he is working to make amends.

Good CS will keep customers :) Thanks Duke.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish