Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I have a PC running Windows 10 Technical Preview. Everything used to be absolutely fine, until yesterday. After I restarted PC it did some Startup repair work and rebooted after 55%. Before getting to the login screen a bluescreen with the reason "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" appears. Trying to refresh Windows with it's installation media won't work, it errors with "Something happened". "sfc /scannow" also refuses to work, there seems to be a repair pending. Restore, Safe mode etc. are all not working properly. I can still access my files with some Linux Live DVD though.

Currently I'm running "chkdsk /r" to check my disk, ETA is around 20 hours unfortunately.

I've got no other ideas to safe the system, Google doesn't help either.

Comments

• edited April 2015

Jan you could use the chance and install the latest preview with Project Spartan.

Otherwise well, if everything fails you have a problem. It's a technical preview and is therefore not stable or thought for production.

Thanked by 2netomx IceCream
  • Yep, I installed the latest preview after chkdsk reported no serious issues. It seemed to be an issue with dualbooting (Windows 10 didn't like that somehow).

• cassacassa Member

1) You're running a preview, expect some bugs. Report this one to Microsoft too :-)
    2) You're running Windhoos, try Linux.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited April 2015

1) Already submitted. Response was 'Thanks for your feedback'

2) installgentoo