Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost/Wavecom finally supports IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost/Wavecom finally supports IPv6

I just got an email saying Wavecom now supports IPV6. About time, I've been with Torqhost for about 2 years and I know they said "soon" to IPv6 long before that.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sorry mate, but 1x IPv6 sounds like a hard April Joke.

• Now that's just cruel...I hope not

• I see the address in the control panel, don't really have time to play/test right now though.

• IshaqIshaq Member

I've seen a /64 assigned to my Xen with them for a while now. I've been using it no problems.

edited April 2015

@Ishaq, my Ticket response....

It will become possible to add IPv6 subnets to KVM servers in the near future. Sadly at the moment it is not technologically possible to add IPv6 subnets to KVM, OpenVZ and Xen.

At the moment IPv6 subnets are only available for VMware.

No comment.

• Hi

Unfortunately only one ipv6 address is free of charge per vps.
    You can have additional address 50/c per month or 5€ year

Lugupidamisega / Regards

50c per ip? Is that a joke ? ;)

• @SwordfishBE said:

> Hi
    > 
    > Unfortunately only one ipv6 address is free of charge per vps.
    > You can have additional address 50/c per month or 5€ year
    > 
    > Lugupidamisega / Regards
    > 

50c per ip? Is that a joke ? ;)

It is April 1st!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2015

Infinity580 said: it is not technologically possible to add IPv6 subnets to KVM, OpenVZ and Xen

SwordfishBE said: Is that a joke ? ;)

TBH this entire provider seems to be a joke by now.

They told me /64 Subnets will be available in 2-3 Months when they updated the Nodes from TorqHost.

• Wavecom is doing an absolute terrible job at handling former Torqhost clients and this is yet another example of it.

SolusVM was moved without notice, OpenVZ containers were moved badly, some KVM containers were broken and down for days before they even booted again (I have yet to see if they work not), all ISOs have been removed for KVM machines, and support has been considerably slower.

I now wish Torqhost had never been sold. It's a real shame a provider went from the top of my list to the bottom of it.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2015

@mpkossen but you're in clouds now! SolusVM clouds!
    And yes, OpenVZ migration went through for me absolutelly terrible + renewal seems higher (double VAT charging?).

Sub Total: 33.58 €
    20.00% VAT: 6.72 €
    Credit: 0.00 €
    Total: 40.30 €
    New invoice: 1 x €49.17 EUR

Sub Total 12.50 €
    20.00% VAT 2.50 €
    Credit 0.00 €
    Total 15.00 €
    New invoice: 1 x €18.30 EUR

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I renewed my Xen yearly special as everything seemed good a couple of weeks ago, the network has been dreadful almost every day since, including getting speeds in the of about 50kb/s to Online.net

• IshaqIshaq Member

I don't think they have a proper setup, I'm able to add IPv6 addresses from any subnet. I opened a ticket so that I can find out what my gateway and proper settings were and they just rebooted my container and said that it will auto config.

Poor support.

edited June 2015

So, Wavecom increased the Price for my OpenVZ Package 256MB Yearly promo for 7.50Euro to 15 EURO and 256MB KVM for 9EUR Yearly booth to 15EUR Yearly.

Without any notice.... seriously. Even this are different packages with different specs....... and First trying to charge VAT twice and now that shit.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited June 2015

@Infinity580 said:
    So, Wavecom increased the Price for my OpenVZ Package 256MB Yearly promo for 7.50Euro to 15 EURO and 256MB KVM for 9EUR Yearly booth to 15EUR Yearly.

Without any notice.... seriously. Even this are different packages with different specs....... and First trying to charge VAT twice and now that shit.

A promo does not guarantee that price for life. A company can change price upon renewal. As long as the price was the same during the contracted period, then there's nothing wrong. I.e. Not demanding more money one month into a yearly contract.

In saying that though, yes it would have been considerate to inform the customer of a price increase.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

telephone said: A promo does not guarantee that price for life. A company can change price upon renewal. As long as the price was the same during the contracted period, then there's nothing wrong.

So would you support providers randomly hiking prices on their LET/LEB offers paid monthly, as long as it's not on the first month? "Yeah so let's make a LET offer, $7 first month, but on renewal we raise the price to $20, @telephone said it's totally fine".

• @telephone said:
    In saying that though, yes it would have been considerate to inform the customer of a price increase.

Considerate or obligatory? Not sure about the details, but if there is an yearly autorenewal and if the price for the next renewal has increased, than I expect that the provider is required to inform the customer of the price increase prior to the next renewal.

• @rm_ said:
    So would you support providers randomly hiking prices on their LET/LEB offers paid monthly, as long as it's not on the first month? "Yeah so let's make a LET offer, $7 first month, but on renewal we raise the price to $20, telephone said it's totally fine".

It is fine. Yes they'll lose face, get a huge backlash, and probably lose the majority of customers on said plan, but they have every right to change the price.

Do note that if a provider did this type of advertising via LEB (and even LET), they'd probably be barred from making new offers.

@zeitgeist said:
    Considerate or obligatory? Not sure about the details, but if there is an yearly autorenewal and if the price for the next renewal has increased, than I expect that the provider is required to inform the customer of the price increase prior to the next renewal.

Would an invoice not count? I'm pretty sure your provider would send an invoice before the auto-renewal kicked in.

I haven't used auto-renewal for a long time (kept forgetting about them) so I'm not 100% sure, but wouldn't PayPal email you as well stating that the subscription increased?

^ Can someone chime in? A provider maybe.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Just had mine bumped to €15/year without notice.

Had service remained of the standard it was under TorqHost I'd have gladly pain that to be honest, but network speeds/uptime haven't been the greatest this year so I'll be chucking in a cancellation request for the end of the billing period.

At least they did it now rather than a month ahead of renewal, gives me plenty of time to migrate and backup.

"We have creatly improved old torqhost services and migrated them to new enteprise level hardware and software platform. Services with prices less then 15€ year are subsidiared and we cannot affore that. Therefore we cannot provide any longer promotional codes discounts and services will be offered further with more then cheap torqhost list prices."

• IshaqIshaq Member

Got bumped to 15 EUR too, on Xen plan.

• pylodepylode Member

Relevant, I remember ChicagoVPS wanting to charge for additional (single IPv6) too. That was a couple years ago though.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Infinity580 said: creatly

Infinity580 said: subsidiared

wut?

Actually, Voxility too was allocating (for free) 1 IPv6 per IPv4 you have with them, after that stopped working and wasnt fixed for weeks, they waiver-ed the 100 Eur "setup fee" for a /64. Fuck, yeah!

edited June 2015

@Maounique actually its an improvement, Torqhost had no IPv6, Wavecom doses.
    But the bad thing they charge you for more as 1IPv6.

Well these outages: https://status.x8e.net/index.php?data=527ca355931f96cf55adb346591a0893

UptimeRobot confirmed, seems like WaveCom is going downhill eh.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

Looks good.

This is good for light background http://www.siwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/computer_technology_linux_debian_wallpaper_8.jpg.

Infinity580 said: UptimeRobot confirmed, seems like WaveCom is going downhill eh.

@GM2015 said:
    Looks good.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • The background of your status page?

edited January 2016

@Frecyboy said:
    The background of your status page?

Nevermind, i thought he gets nothing displayed.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy