Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been with prometeus for 6 months now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Been with prometeus for 6 months now

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited September 2012 in General

I just noticed that i've been with @prometeus for 6 months and 5 days now :D (Since 2012/03/10)
And i still love using them :D

Gonna try to be with them for another 6 months :D

Anyone else have a box with them?

Comments

• Yup, I have. Pure joy.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Have 1 vps with them from a LEB promo, works just fine, no lag, short ping and good uptime. No issues yet. No experience with maintenance, but it is hard to match the maintenance announcing level of either @KuJoe or @AnthonySmith (or @RamHOST)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Glad i bought quite a few deals :)
    Uncle S is #1.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I have 3.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Also, my first ovz with him, is (node15): up 143 days, 7:44 and i have never had downtime on kvm's (100+). Kudos being flexible for custom upgrades as well. Best provider here without a doubt, too bad we see less offers from him, but guess thats part of business plan :)

• I have 8. One of them hosts a web site that was previously on a OVH dedicated server, and it works better now with Prometeus.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Grrr, xen biz i'd love to have, never stock tho :(

• I have some boxes with @prometeus, pure awesomeness

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Thank you guys, I'm glad you appreciate our effort to provide good service :P

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I also have one with them and unfortunatly mine was provisilned on the node that rebooted itself a couple of times.
    When moved to another node ( done very nicely, didn't notice any downtime during the move) I was placed on a node that was mistakingly rebooted by someone.

No har feelings, I currently only have a small website that has very few visitors.

Thanked by 1Maounique

@Jack
    Cant remember which is was or even which one I'm one right now.

I know we spoke on #lowendtalk when it was rebooted by mistake :)

@Jack
    I'm on my phone now so I can't check old emails either. Nevermind, the issue is gone. Unless someone presses the wrong buttons again :)

• Im also on one of the affected nodes, but see website, they have forum. But since I have so many others, I see this as what it is. @prometeus is the best, but see old posts, I think those who got in early are lucky, people will pay (so S makes a buck too) very soon. But don't do a buyvm :)

@MikHo said: I also have one with them and unfortunatly mine was provisilned on the node that rebooted itself a couple of times.

When moved to another node ( done very nicely, didn't notice any downtime during the move) I was placed on a node that was mistakingly rebooted by someone.

PM22 :-(

The latest kernel didn't like it. It rebooted 3 times in 2 weeks. I did a deep downgrade. Still have finger crossed :)

I rebooted PM24 by mistake. I was playing with iptables inside a container, switched screen window do do some other tasks, then instead of c-a-1 I typed :
    c-a-2
    reboot

@!##""§damn idiot@!£%

@prometeus

Funny thing is that I was working on my vps while it happened, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Atleast thats what I say to myself :)

• happelhappel Member
    edited September 2012

@Jack @MikHo That was indeed pm22, I was on that one too. Got relocated to pm24.

Edit:

I need to type faster.

@prometeus

I can recommend securecrt with tabbed ssh :)

@MikHo said: I can recommend securecrt with tabbed ssh :)

well, I need both :P

@prometeus said: well, I need both :P

And there you confirmed the myth that men can't do more then one thing at a time :)

• The best

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Any update on new node mentioned? :>

@bobby said: Any update on new node mentioned? :>

one is ready, the second need to be completed. They will be regular openvz ssd plans.

• Let me see mine ...

• PM14 : VZ5
    • PM15 : 50 Cents VPS
    • PM19 :KVM 256MB
    • PM24 : VZ3
    • Windows 2008 512MB

My VZ3 is reinstalled yesteday because I want to try Minstall v2.01 for my new domain ( www.erawanarifnugroho.web.id)

I just want to switch to non US provider now ( included the domain registrar)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • One thing I hate about routing in SEA (or at least in my country) is sometimes the route goes directly to Europe through seabone / Singapore - Palermo, but sometimes goes through LA which will give twice more latency

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2012

I was one of the first customers in March, number 176, 17 of march was my first VPS with prometeus. As such, I have 6 months too :)
    It was a time I was still searching for a good provider after eNS went down a good few months before, but, fortunately it was a lucky draw, prometeus is not only a good provider, but he is also a very nice man going over himself to provide a quality service for hamburger money.
    He likes to help and he does it for free so I try to help him too :)
    One day he contacted me here about how to detect Exit Tor nodes and I told him so he gifted me a Xen VPS I canceled as my current offer was already feeling like a steal...
    Since then we talked a lot and his English is improving as you could probably notice :)
    Also I run a forum as I was looking to do for a long time, just didnt find the time to start writing tutorials I am doing every day for friends and ppl at work at a very basic level so everyone can follow and do the job.
    Uncle has everything I ever dreamed, quality and cheap bandwidth with good connections to US and Asia, (he stopped allowing Tor Exit nodes, tho, but is very OK for relay ones) so no problems when you get 3 TB bw for 2.5 Eur a month together with a VPS of 512 RAM and 20 GB HDD as part of the promo at that time.
    His only fault is the convoluted way he likes to present his offer in 4-5 sites and many pages so I felt like writing it down to a single thread in the board: http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=871&sid=091d9327b819c79e8fa9d2b158118224
    Believe me, took a couple of hours at least and that didnt even include prices (I added later as I was already tired of the "research") at the start (and even now doesnt have all the pricing broken down on billing periods and all) not to mention coupon codes and stuff...
    I think he makes a new plan every other day...
    I feel like putting that forum up in my VPS was the least I could do for my dreamhost (only if he would allow exit nodes, but i am doing that only from home now)
    TBH I am always afraid he will get fed up with the DDoSes and kernel instabilities that keep him up at night and the money he probably loses (he says no, but I dont believe).
    He wanted to give up and refund everyone after the infamous node 22 reboots and I convinced him to stay, showing how much worse are other hosts that make tons of money and don't give a s**t about the customers. Leaving would mean making their life easy and they DO NOT DESERVE it.
    There is a personal reason why Uncle cant handle now the abuse/chargebacks/instability of new nodes and offers, not that he wants to make a quick buck as someone suggested, this is more like a hobby, his dayjob pays in a month more than he could make in 2 years from VPS business (asuming he does make some money which I strongly doubt, otherwise all the ppl that charge an arm and a leg for poor quality stuff are doing something very wrong).

I think the market needs more ppl with a passion for this, more Salvatore, more miTgiBs, all those ppl that are doing it as a sideshow for fun and to meet (un)grateful ppl along the way.
    Internet needs to be cheap, easy and uncensored/free from surveillance.
    Hope more and more people will contribute to this :)
    M

• @M, hehe... I wish I could do / give him something :)
    But seem's like he's having everything :)

• i have 4 vps with iperweb. solid

• @prometeus said: @MikHo said: I can recommend securecrt with tabbed ssh :)

well, I need both :P

It's like looking at my own SecureCRT windows. And then inside screens, vim with tabs and what not more. How do you find the new tiling features in SecureCRT 7? (They do not work yet on Mac)

Still using ver 6. Something

@Raymii said: How do you find the new tiling features in SecureCRT 7

Didn't upgrade to the release 7 yet :)