Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Plugins for Offloaded SQL database hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Plugins for Offloaded SQL database hosting?

MonsteRMonsteR Member
edited April 2015 in General

Just wondering if anyone has seen any plugins for whmcs for Offloaded SQL as I haven't really seen any and if its the case there isn't any I want to code one, Ill list the features under which i would plan to add and if anyone has any suggestions to add on to the features list let me know. As once completed will be added as a service for customers at raptornode due to request.

Features
AutoCreation - Phpmyadmin
AutoLogin from whmcs
Then ill code a auto Setup script for MariaDB and mysql with phpmyadmin

Comments

• lastimes has development it
    but it's cluster not one servers.
    and not for whmcs,need rebuild for whmcs used.

we have plan development it

• SadySady Member

VPSDime has that, but pretty sure that they have that in-house developed.

• Buyvm has something similar. I doubt they would be willing to share their secret sauce though

• Can you explain a bit more how this works / what it does?

Where is the offloaded MySQL actually placed then? Is it on a higher end storage node that is an addon in price?

• Nevermind :) Figured it all out after some searching keywords from above.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Nevermind :) Figured it all out after some searching keywords from above.

Yeah basically a mysql server with Internal/external IPs to use instead of say using another 100Mb of ram or more to setup a sql database on the vps or dedicated server itself, Saves resources and is more reliable due to the vps or dedi only needing to have the webserver + php extensions etc instead of a full setup. Also handy if you have multiple web servers to manage the load. Sorry for the late reply.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Is this similar to WHM/CPanels remote mysql database feature?

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited April 2015

@httpzoom said:

Similar idea basically, yes... however I see enormous potential for an addon$ high performance SQL storage product for those in need of it; while combining cost effective OpenVZ web front end instances.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited April 2015

@httpzoom said:

The same idea but without having cpanel as I think using cpanel for mysql is a waste of the licensing fees, not to mention lacking of performance which you can get from a dedicated solution/setup for Mysql without having to have useless unused features installed.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

webmin/vestaCP?

Yes I know that sounds ridiculous but think about it :)

provisioning modules already exist, you just need to define sql only packages.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    webmin/vestaCP?

Yeah I have thought about them but feel they're not as reliable as a dedicated solution, As i am sure their are pretty easy ways to make a phpmyadmin account remotely without even requiring a panel.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    webmin/vestaCP?

Vesta 100% removes the needs for local mysql server

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

MonsteR said: Yeah I have thought about them but feel they're not as reliable as a dedicated solution, As i am sure their are pretty easy ways to make a phpmyadmin account remotely without even requiring a panel.

Well yes that is true, you could just have a vanilla server and a bespoke module for provisioning but if you cant write it yourself then you just end up being dependent on whoever makes the module for you for updates when software changes are made on both sides, WHMCS <> phpmyadmin/mysql etc.

Personally I would just put a stripped version of vestacp or webmin on the server and use the built and maintained modules, there is not much that can go wrong and it takes a lot of the effort out of it.

edit: just reread and see you said you would code one, that being the case you are probably best off just doing that :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I had a remote sql instance with BuyVM before, was a "simple" cPanel installation.

Should work with Vestacp or any other controlpanel of choice. If that is even needed.
    Phpmyadmin on a seperate OpenVZ instance so the mySQL instance should only run mySQL.
    Allow only IP from the vps range.

• @mikho said:
    I had a remote sql instance with BuyVM before, was a "simple" cPanel installation.

Should work with Vestacp or any other controlpanel of choice. If that is even needed.
    Phpmyadmin on a seperate OpenVZ instance so the mySQL instance should only run mySQL.
    Allow only IP from the vps range.

It's a good way to secure it however it wouldn't be as user friendly for phpmyadmin access for clients.