Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Looking for a cheap 512MB Ram VPS

Looking for a cheap 512MB Ram VPS

mujmuj Member
edited September 2012 in General

I'm looking for a VPS which has: 512MB Ram 5GB Space 10GB Bandw

At the moment I'm choosing between BuyVM (2 Core CPU) and HostiGation (1 Core)

I was looking at other VPS's which have SSD or 1GBPs Port which look good

Price has to be less than $60 a year.

Comments

• JackJack Member, Provider
    edited September 2012

Both are amazing providers , Good luck deciding.

• SSD - none of them, but BuyVM has SSD cache. 1Gbps - Not sure about Hostigation, I saw @miTgiB said like 80mbps but I did get gbps speed from my hostigation VPS. BuyVM has more than one gbps pipe IIRC.

BTW, just found that the only difference of their 512mb packages is the BW allocation now, interesting.

Thanked by 1muj
  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited September 2012

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/providerservice-eur-9-6-6months-512mb-xen-vps-in-germany/ You will not find a 512MB Xen(!!!) VPS cheaper than that. And the offer expires soon.

Thanked by 3TheHackBox djvdorp muj
  • Alvotech.de is cheap gigabit too. vServer in Germany

Check my blog for more cool *nix tips & tricks!

• Nick_ANick_A Top Provider
    edited September 2012

I can do this for you. Hit me up!

EDIT: (Since you asked for SSD and 1Gbps...)

RamNode: High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Thanked by 1muj
  • ChanChan Member
    edited September 2012

This? http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4694/thecheapestvps.com-3.33mo-2-ips

Edit: Opps didn't realize you need SSD and 1Gbp.

• CoreyCorey Member, Provider

@Chan Thanks for the recommend.

BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member, Provider
    edited September 2012

@fan said: 1Gbps - Not sure about Hostigation

Both locations have 1gbit uplinks, and some nodes have SSD caching, but I reserve those for users that actually need it. The cost of the SSD is not prohibative of doing all nodes, but the cost of remote hands in LA is. All new nodes do have this feature though.

@muj said: At the moment I'm choosing between BuyVM (2 Core CPU) and HostiGation (1 Core)

Like many have said, there is nothing bad about either, BuyVM uses the Intel Xeon L5520 and E5-2630L to provide service (Both 2GHz) I use the E3-1230 (3.2GHz) so while you benefit with multi-threading apps, I offer a higher clock. Which benefits you better? That is the coin toss. (Above 1gb ram I use the E5-2620, but that is outside LEB pricing)

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM KVM VPS / Proxmox OpenVZ VPS- Low Cost Comodo SSL Certificates
    Thanked by 1muj

@miTgiB so the e5 architecture is the exact same as the e3 but with more cores?

• E5 = 2CPUs per MB, E3 = 1CPU per MB

-

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member, Provider

@Corey said: @miTgiB so the e5 architecture is the exact same as the e3 but with more cores?

Not real sure what you are asking, but my build is very different between E3 and E5 since the E5 is capable of so much more overall.

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM KVM VPS / Proxmox OpenVZ VPS- Low Cost Comodo SSL Certificates
    edited September 2012

@miTgiB - architecture meaning how the processor is built and how efficient the processor performs calculations.