October 2011 Dead Pool Discussion
Here are some of the providers that were featured on LowEndBox.com before, but have "died" in October, as reported by my tracker. I'll start the discussions here before I come up with a proper post on LowEndBox.com in early November.
- bytebistro.com -- See Fionn's comment here. Looks like it's unfortunately killed by quick success after getting featured on LowEndBox
- cheapestvps.org -- Sold to CingularHosting.net according to WHOIS change on 28 Oct, and is currently redirecting there.
- dedisrv.eu -- Showing 403 on their home page since 2 October. They were definitely getting desperate back in June, emailed me 6 times in 2 weeks trying to get featured.
- fiberhead.com, tinyvps.ca and other Kerplunc sites -- I think they have finally been turned off. See previous discussion on them.
- gidux.com -- featured early this year and now showing cPanel default page on their website
- hostingsrv.co.uk -- IP not resolvable since 28 Oct.
- j-solutions.org -- IP not resolvable since 18 Oct. someone ought to be in the deadpool from the very start. No surprise here.
- kazetech.com -- "we are doing some heavy maintainance at the moment and will be back shortly" since 27 Oct. Does not sound very assuring.
- rapidovps.com -- Server glitch? ionCube PHP Loader not installed -- I thought they are doing well.
- ukdirecthost.co.uk -- "Under construction" since 5 Oct. Maybe they are fixing their crappy Flash-only website? Or just an cover-up for doing a runner?
- vpscheap.info -- Connection timed out since 24 Oct. It was a popular offer, but probably not sustainable doing $1.50 monthly (HostRail again?). Interestingly his other business, CheapDomainNamesDot.com is still alive.
- yottabytenetworks.net -- again, someone started with "fail host" flags all over, and the domain has been parked for AdSense since 14 Oct.
There might be others, so comment on if you think a provider has died or is dead.
Blog at LowEndBox.com.