Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net new promo E3-1240v3 32G 2x600SAS 29.99EUR NO SETUP FEE

Comments

• @isaacl said:
    Thinking about maybe getting one of the E5's as well, since there's only one day left in the month anyway, and I can always cancel it...

Not true. You need to cancel until 20th. You will have to pay for next month.

• Error: You are not allowed to order. Please contact Online support for more information.

Any hints?

• NomadNomad Member

@XeepiHosting_Joe Are you on VPN?

Thanked by 1XeepiHosting_Joe
  • exp82exp82 Member

Do you get your server instant? Because I'm still waiting my server

• Aha, thanks.
    If I can only get one public IP address anyway, the additional power and RAM won't help me too much...
    Unless there's a way to add an additional IP address?

• UrDNUrDN Member

@TheKiller said:
    Why they don't support now? Have anyone asked?

It's most likely because of the horrible paypal policies especially on chargeback. For a long time it was not possible to use payment card either on online.net

• From Twitter

OFFRE SPECIALE #2 !! Xeon E3 1240v3 32Go RAM ECC, 2x 600Go SAS10k + raid hard bbu et batterie, 29,99€ sans setup ! http://bit.ly/1xvmvkh

• How many IPv4's come with this? Is it some weird MAC restricted network or a normal network?

Trying to use 2 for cloud development....

• Why dont they have any real information on what you actually get and how its setup?? Stupid

• I snagged one.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    How many IPv4's come with this?

It comes with 1 IP. Each additional IP costs 1.99€.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2015

ItsChrisG said: Why dont they have any real information on what you actually get and how its setup?? Stupid

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-LE2k1517

What's missing?

• Ordered an E3, and got it delivered.
    Does anyone know how I can get the KVM access info?
    And I plan on installing ESXi, is there any reason not to use their installation and install it myself?
    And is anyone ordering the E5's?

• @isaacl said:
    Does anyone know how I can get the KVM access info?

Click on ILO button which is located in tab "State".

Thanked by 1isaacl
  • Thanks!

• @isaacl said:
    And I plan on installing ESXi, is there any reason not to use their installation and install it myself?

You need two public IPs. One for ESXi control, another for NAT. (Please correct if I am wrong)

• Have to double check on that, but is there any way to order an additional IP address?
    When I try the IP failover option, it says:

IP blocks
    IP failover blocks can only be ordered if you have subscribed to the Business service level.

Individual IPs
    Your IP failover quota is exceeded. IP failover quota depend on server offers, it can't exceed 40 IPs.

• 2 x 600 GB SAS in RAID 0

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -fr iotest
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.6876 s, 400 MB/s

Thanked by 2netomx linuxthefish
  • iKockaiKocka Member
    edited March 2015

@isaacl said:
    Have to double check on that, but is there any way to order an additional IP address?

In tab "State" under "Network" click button "Add IP adrresses". You add up to 7 additional IPs. I would order them tomorrow, though.

• DylanDylan Member

@isaacl said:
    Have to double check on that, but is there any way to order an additional IP address?
    When I try the IP failover option, it says:

IP blocks
    IP failover blocks can only be ordered if you have subscribed to the Business service level.

Individual IPs
    Your IP failover quota is exceeded. IP failover quota depend on server offers, it can't exceed 40 IPs.

I get:

You can order 13 IP failovers, partial months are payable as full months.

If your server was just delivered, I'd try the failover order page again in 10 or 15 minutes. Sometimes failover IPs can't be ordered right away after delivery (usually the "basic service level" item isn't activated yet under My Account>Services).

Thanked by 1isaacl
  • Yeah, tried that, get the message I posted above:

P blocks

Individual IPs

• OK, will wait, thanks Dylan!
    Opened a ticket with them about that, probably may as well close it for now...

• And was planning on installing PFSense on a VM, and running everything through that...
    Also found this here, in case it helps anyone: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/20688/i-have-setup-vmware-esxi-but-only-have-1-public-ip-i-need-vm-s-to-have-internet-access

• Very good deal :D

• Nice offer. For me it would be better with the 2x2TB config.

Their setup (hardware, panel, network) can work quite well.

• frankfrank Member
    edited March 2015

Those 64Gb specials have been their since the last 1.99 / 4814 offer run.

Also thanks to the OP just cancelled my 4814, as this is a better server for my needs.

edit: Actually they are the old offers, but they have dropped the price by 10 euro. If you need the power, they are an absurd buy.

• Prefer more HDD space

• RizRiz Member

@itchrisg pretty sure the MAC is locked to WAN... I couldn't get ESXI working with it last night, and my final step is to spoof the mac on pfSense which I hope to work. Otherwise, another IP is needed.

This discussion has been closed.