Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMbox.co - waiting for a ticket reply?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMbox.co - waiting for a ticket reply?

RaptaRapta Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

My VMBox is failing to boot and support is unresponsive nor have I had any emails about the matter.
I checked before bed and it was offline, hoping it would fix in the morning to my surprise it didn't. So I decided to write in a ticket and yet no response at all.

Comments

• BradBrad Member
    edited March 2015

How long has it been since you've opened the ticket? They don't have the fastest reply times, but it's aceptable.

• You opened the ticket today, and expect a reply instantly? It doesn't work like that.

• RaptaRapta Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    You opened the ticket today, and expect a reply instantly? It doesn't work like that.

Other hosts such as Vultr reply within an hour I've been waiting almost 12+ hours, and over 24 hours it's been offline.

• Apparently their server got taken down due to some DMCA?

• LeeLee Veteran

Rapta said: Other hosts

Not all hosts are the same. True story.

• You are paying $20/y or $3/m. There is a reason for that.

Considering they come with a wildcard cert if they where offline 99% of the time it would still be a great price.

Thanked by 2Lee KwiceroLTD
  • trvztrvz Member
    edited March 2015

@Lee said:

Maaaybe, if they can't keep up with industry standards, they shouldn't be active in the industry. The nature of hosting services requires their providers to be responsive in a few hours; any delays are a serious lack of quality and a sign of grave unreliability.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • RaptaRapta Member
    edited March 2015

@Lee said:

if that's best you can come up with then I guess you really have no useful input

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/982779/#Comment_982779

• LeeLee Veteran

@Rapta said:

It's perfectly relevant, patience is clearly something you lack. If you want fast responses from support then pick a provider that offers it.

Opening a thread with the title "VMbox.co deadpooled?" for all the time you have waited is just a dick move.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MONG

Thanked by 1Rhys_quadex
  • @Rapta said:
    Other hosts such as Vultr reply within an hour I've been waiting almost 12+ hours, and over 24 hours it's been offline.

Not all hosts are like that, 99% of them who post on LEB/LET/VPSBoard, expect to wait I'd say bare minimum 12 hours. They don't work on your clock, they work on theirs.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • I also have one them super cheap VPS incl. a SSL wildcard cert and it's up. Btw., that VPS is not just up but actually runs quite nicely and not sluggish at all.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

KwiceroLTD said: Not all hosts are like that, 99% of them who post on LEB/LET/VPSBoard, expect to wait I'd say bare minimum 12 hours. They don't work on your clock, they work on theirs.

Maybe if it's a normal support ticket. But most hosts won't have a node offline for 24 hours without giving some information to customers.

• LeeLee Veteran

perennate said: Maybe if it's a normal support ticket. But most hosts won't have a node offline for 24 hours without giving some information to customers.

I must have missed that, how do you know it's a node and not just this one VM?

Thanked by 1perennate
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

Lee said: I must have missed that, how do you know it's a node and not just this one VM?

Fair enough, it could be mistake that Rapta did to cause VM to fail to boot. Otherwise (if it is vmbox problem), though, I don't think it matters if it's node or just VM.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • You should by a box from GoodHoting, then you can learn how to be patient.

• trvztrvz Member

@comXyz said:
    You should by a box from GoodHoting, then you can learn how to be patient.

Or maybe not, because unlike all the cheapos here he doesn't want to support bad provider behaviour?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

My VMbox vps is up in LA.
    @Rapta what location is your vps in?
    Since you said "My VMBox is failing to boot" I assume you can see it in the control panel and if it is not giving you a error when you try to reboot. I would not think the whole node is down.

• The story of the boy who cried wolf has certainly withstood the test of time.

• my VMbox up also in LA, used support couple days ago was fine for free wildcard.

• nullnullnullnull Member
    edited March 2015

Deadpool ? That's a good verdict.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited March 2015

Lee said: Opening a thread with the title "VMbox.co deadpooled?" for all the time you have waited is just a dick move.

I agree... Could the op / mods change the title of this thread... Could be detrimental to the brand if it actually didn't deadpool..

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Thanked by 1Falzo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I just tried to call my mother and part way through our conversation, the call dropped.

Verizon deadpooled?

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@eddynetweb said:
    VMBox

Thanks @eddynetweb :)

The OP got a reply a few hours ago and I've only just seen this on here..

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@Lee said:
    I must have missed that, how do you know it's a node and not just this one VM?

It was just the one VM :)

Thanked by 2Lee Falzo
  • whats so happy about it?

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited March 2015

namhuy said: whats so happy about it?

After being accused of being deadpooled, unresponsive support, and speculations of node failure from the community. I'm sure only having one VM down is a happier outcome than the accusations/theories in this thread.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • VMbox said: It was just the one VM :)

how do we know it was just the one vm and not the whole node

• ehabehab Member

someone with rights can edit the title and remove the word that got us all in here.

Thanked by 1rahulks