Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hubiC and Veeam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hubiC and Veeam

Does anybody knows is there any solution to use hubiC storage as Veeam backup datastore?

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

Reading this makes me think it could work: http://www.veeam.com/cloud-connect.html

If you proxy the OAuth that hubiC put there instead of the native one from the OpenStack API you can get some pretty nice Swift-API to connect to. Not 100% sure if this will work, but 100% sure it would take some tinkering if so...

• sepeisepei Member

Any updates on this?

• Hubic is Openstack Swift? if so then it should work with Openstack option

• BochiBochi Member
    edited March 2015

@sepei said:
    Any updates on this?

Currently playing around with a Windows Server 2012 and a trial license of Veeam.

@MarkTurner said:
    Hubic is Openstack Swift? if so then it should work with Openstack option

Well, I'm not that into this particular piece of software and can't seem to find the option for the cloud repositories in version 7.x and 8.x of "Backup & Replication". :/

/EDIT/
    Sorry, giving up on this for now...

• Hubic i have try, but api upload max filesize limit 600M
    if over it, can't upload

• BochiBochi Member

This is what I ment in my previous comment.
    So you have Veeam Backup running? Do you get to the point where you could create some cloud accounts?

• I have all requirements but I don't have a time right now to check it all together. I'll try to check it in some days.

• SimWhiteSimWhite Member
    edited March 2015

Didn't work. After entering credentials to An application wants to access to your hubiC form and get back and receive HubiC api server responded with return code: 400 with no more information.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

@SimWhite said:
    Didn't work. After entering credentials to An application wants to access to your hubiC form and get back and receive HubiC api server responded with return code: 400 with no more information.

Can you track down that a little bit more?
    Regarding to https://api.hubic.com/docs/ code 400 means an invalid request (various forms) in most cases, what request is sent right before that message?
    As the error message appears during the callback it could be just an invalid redirect URI.

edited April 2015

@Bochi said:
    what request is sent right before that message?

In details.

1. Entering register URL in browser.
    2. Request is forward to hubiC and back to my page with an error because script add simple.php in URL, so I take URL which I get back from hubiC without simple.php and insert it to browser.
    3. After that I forwarded to hubiC auth page.
    4. I'm filling username and password on hubiC site to allow access and after clicking "Allow" I'm back to page hosted on my server with this error.
  • BochiBochi Member

@SimWhite said:
    2. Request is forward to hubiC and back to my page with an error because script add simple.php in URL, so I take URL which I get back from hubiC without simple.php and insert it to browser.

Your vHost setup is correct, your .htaccess file in place and the client app is setup correctly in the developers section? Didn't come across this problem until now...

@SimWhite said:
    4. I'm filling username and password on hubiC site to allow access and after clicking "Allow" I'm back to page hosted on my server with this error.

This error gets shown as soon as the HTTP return code is not 200 (400 in this case), so you might check what else the API response contains.

• @Bochi said:
    This error gets shown as soon as the HTTP return code is not 200 (400 in this case), so you might check what else the API response contains.

I think there is a problem inside hubiC. Once again step-by-step.

1. Entering in browser https://my.domain.com/register/?client=hubic&password=Pa$$w0rd
    2. Redirecting to https://api.hubic.com/oauth/auth/?client_id=api_hubic_CODE&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.domain.com%2Fsimple.php%2Fcallback%2F&scope=usage.r,account.r,getAllLinks.r,credentials.r,activate.w,links.drw&response_type=code&state=hubic:STATE_CODE with error Illegal! | error: invalid_request | error_description: please verify redirect uri
    3. Remove %2Fsimple.php from the URL above and paste https://api.hubic.com/oauth/auth/?client_id=api_hubic_CODE&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.domain.com%2Fcallback%2F&scope=usage.r,account.r,getAllLinks.r,credentials.r,activate.w,links.drw&response_type=code&state=hubic:STATE_CODE into browser as URL
    4. Entering credentials here:
    5. Redirecting to https://my.domain.com/callback/?code=SOME_LONG_CODE&scope=usage.r,account.r,getAllLinks.r,credentials.r,links.rw&state=hubic:STATE_CODE with HubiC api server responded with return code: 400 error
  • BochiBochi Member

SimWhite said: I think there is a problem inside hubiC. Once again step-by-step.

This might be related to this random failure reported in their forum, but in the first place I think there is still something wrong with your setup/configuration.
    The redirect_uri string is built within the application and POSTed back to hubiC while doing the callback. Changing the URI within the GET parameters doesn't change this, so hubiC receives the wrong URI.
    You might try changing line 26 of simple.php to

$_prefix = '';

edited April 2015

Got it! Success: This Server is now registered with HubiC Filestorage!

• BochiBochi Member

@SimWhite said:
    Got it! Success: This Server is now registered with HubiC Filestorage!

Yesss, let me know if there is anything else you need help with. ;)
    And tell us how good Veeam is working together with hubiC, might be interesting for others as well.

• Veeam doesn't want to accept certificate. I'm using "real" SSL from StartSSL.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

@SimWhite said:
    Veeam doesn't want to accept certificate. I'm using "real" SSL from StartSSL.

Did you set the correct intermediate cert? I had some clients in the past that required a complete chain setup.
    If this doesn't do the job, try adding the cert manually: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/80/cloud/cloud_connect_gateway_launch.html

edited April 2015

@Bochi said:
    Did you set the correct intermediate cert?

Yeah. It is very strange but I don't see ANY requests on the web server from Veeam.

/UPD:/ I see requests with tcpdump but there is no any requests inside apache logs :)

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2015

@SimWhite said:
    Yeah. It is very strange but I don't see ANY requests on the web server from Veeam.

Oh, I didn't read the error message carefully enough!
    It tells that the gateway refused the connection completely and therefore Veeam could not retrieve the certificate at all.
    If you are familiar with Wireshark or tcpdump you might try to bring some light into the dark.

/UPDATE/
    So nothing in apaches SSL logs either? Hm...
    Is there any sign that the handshake failes?

edited April 2015

I'm try to use Comodo SSL certificate a little bit later.

/UPD:/ This is not certificate problem.

[info] [client 195.154.xx.xx] Connection to child 2 established (server my.domain.com:443)
    [info] Seeding PRNG with 656 bytes of entropy
    [debug] mod_dumpio.c(113): mod_dumpio: dumpio_in [getline-blocking] 0 readbytes
    [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1887): OpenSSL: Handshake: start
    [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1895): OpenSSL: Loop: before/accept initialization
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1897): OpenSSL: read 4/11 bytes from BIO#7fb52ad1ce20 [mem: 7fb52ad22480] (BIO dump follows)
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1830): +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1869): | 0000: 2c                                               ,                |
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1873): | 0004 - 
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1875): +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1897): OpenSSL: read 7/7 bytes from BIO#7fb52ad1ce20 [mem: 7fb52ad22484] (BIO dump follows)
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1830): +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1869): | 0000: 00 00 00 00 24                                   ....$            |
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1873): | 0007 - 
    [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1875): +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    [debug] ssl_engine_kernel.c(1924): OpenSSL: Exit: error in unknown state
    [info] [client 195.154.xx.xx] SSL library error 1 in handshake (server my.domain.com:443)
    [info] SSL Library Error: 336027900 error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol speaking not SSL to HTTPS port!?
    [info] [client 195.154.xx.xx] Connection closed to child 2 with abortive shutdown (server my.domain.com:443)
    [debug] mod_dumpio.c(127): mod_dumpio: dumpio_in - 20014
    [debug] mod_dumpio.c(143): mod_dumpio: dumpio_out
    [debug] mod_dumpio.c(55): mod_dumpio:  dumpio_out (metadata-FLUSH): 0 bytes
    [debug] mod_dumpio.c(55): mod_dumpio:  dumpio_out (metadata-EOC): 0 bytes