Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

host1free VPS great for first timers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

host1free VPS great for first timers

kkasbergkkasberg Member
edited September 2012 in General

I got a free VPS almost a month ago, and have been hosting a Wordpress blog as well as collecting uptime data. My conclusion is that since LEBs can be had for so cheap, and are more reliable than host1free, they are the obvious choice for someone who is serious, and who also has $20 handy. For those who are in the developmental stage of a project (or for those who apparently don't have $20 to spare) host1free provides an alternative for getting a project going. feel free to check out my page which includes my configuration along with uptime stats.

free.kasberg.org/host1free-uptime-and-performance-review/

Comments

• what's your DD output?

• CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 424.043 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 128 MB
    Total amount of swap : 640 MB
    System uptime : 5 min,
    Download speed : (521KB/s)
    I/O speed : 28.3MB/s

This info is in my post which also shows the stats for my paid account. It is not really comparable with something that you would pay for, but enough for a low volume blog/web page.

free.kasberg.org/host1free-vps-specs-review/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@zhuanyi said: what's your DD output?

Over 0.9000

• @kkasberg said: Download speed : (521KB/s)

LOL....

Now I seriously think you are just here to bring visitors to your blog :)

• @zhuanyi said: LOL....

Why is that? 512KB/s is enough to just playing around, or host a simple blog with blite or even wordpress. Please remember it's free for life vps.

• I am not trying to bring people to my blog (which I have put little to no effort into). Trying to show that a blog can be hosted on a free VPS. The stuff that I use is hosted on a paid box. I still recommend that people use something else for production. I have seen people on here asking for VPS donations, and I am trying to show that for someone who is starting up, who cannot afford the $20 cost of a VPS for a year could run their project on one of these until they can raise the $20 needed to get a VPS with better specs and support.

• Meh, what I'd need to use it for probably would NOT be allowed (game servers). Thanks though.

• 521KB/sec, that should be the title :)

• cnzhhicnzhhi Member
    edited September 2012

I also got one about two weeks ago, but can not booted.

• don't bother, the vps randomly shuts itself and the connection is slow as fuck, broken os temp in solusvm

• fwayfway Member
    edited September 2012

I get one vps from them too. suddenly my vps got suspended without any notification..

• it will be come back online in awhile

• Their free service is a joke... my downtime SLA with them is 99.9%.