Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS with good Traffic?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS with good Traffic?

trololotrololo Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hey LowEnd Community,

I am searching for a very cheap VPS with at least 1,5 TB or more.
Ram and CPU aren't important at all! All i need it for is hosting some files and SSH connection nothing else.

I would be very Thankful for your advice.
Thanks in advance
ravand

Comments

• catalysthost have Unlimited bandwith plan. @jarland

• Any good experience with those?

• @trololo said: Any good experience with those?

Was using Icecast to relay my radio, due to ISP blocking OVH Uk (where my Shoutcast provider were hosted, until they moved :P). Using the $7 Plan. Take a look to other plans and ask him, I know he will answer you.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Our unmetered is in FDC Denver, take it for what it is. We don't lower our hardware performance expectations, but the network is imperfect. Sometimes it's exactly what you need, sometimes it isn't. I don't want to create any unreal expectations, but we're proud of it and a lot of people are enjoying it for what they do.

• @jarland said: Our unmetered is in FDC Denver, take it for what it is. We don't lower our hardware performance expectations, but the network is imperfect. Sometimes it's exactly what you need, sometimes it isn't. I don't want to create any unreal expectations, but we're proud of it and a lot of people are enjoying it for what they do.

First Provider I don't have Connection Problems with LOL. Sometimes network isn't the fastest, but enough for what I need :)

• @trololo said: I am searching for a very cheap VPS with at least 1,5 TB or more.

If you don't feel comfortable with the word "Unlimited" take a look to @semoweb plans, maybe they can give you a custom plan :)

• ChicagoVPS has a lovely little promo around here somewhere.

512MB RAM, 1.5TB bandwidth, ovz.

$5/month

• For 2TB, you can get from the following :

• Catalystvps
    • MisterHost
    • Prometeus
    • SemoWeb 10TB
  • Thank you for all your suggestions! Maybe im a little too greedy but i think paying more than 35$ for my needs is a little too much, because im basically only going to host 1-3 files without any homepage or anything else. There are servers i have found lik 2host.com with only 20$/year and 5TB traffic but i don't know in how far i can trust that.

• Sounds good, I never heard about it (I'm a newbie too as you), check if they have a LET profile or an LEB offer.

Decide which provider will you use, then make a new post to ask about their Dark past :)

• Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
    edited September 2012

Don't use 2host, trust me. Support dies then re-appears every other week.

There's a post on LEB explaining that but I'm too lazy to get it.

• BuyVM are pretty good, they have stock available at both San Jose and New York.

You didn't mention a location, so you have the option of one side of the USA or the other.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • So your saying they have alot of downtimes they do not explain?

• @trololo said: So your saying they have alot of downtimes they do not explain?

More like support tickets remaining un-answered for weeks.

• The location doesn' matter

@Shane_Elmore
    Downtimes would be my only concern anything wouldn't be a problem for me

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you'd like to negotiate a bit, I do that as well. I also offer $35/y on my $3.50 plan. Just let me know. I'm about to nap briefly, but Ryan is around also and you can reference what I just said in a presales ticket on our site. Just offering, best of luck in your search!

• ChicagoVPS or CatalystVPS :)

Thanked by 1jshinkle
  • Or UrPad. :)

• I haven't had a problem with Catalyst in Denver, and they're unmetered there. BuyVM has dirt cheap BW, too.

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

If you wish, contact us, and we can get you a VPS with lots of bandwidth (We used 2% of the bandwidth allocated to our nodes last month) ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Dionysus said: Go with Prometeus. Uncle Sal will take good care of you.

Uncle Sal doesnt have 10 TB/mo plans for under 2 $ a month.
    However, BW is good quality around the world and 2 TB are 5 Eur as an addon.
    M

• Well, 2TB/month amounts to about 6-7 Mbps average. And one (a provider) can't buy real 6-7 Mbps for $2/month in Europe, even if it is the crappiest bandwidth on Earth. So no, 2TB for $2/month doesn't make sense anywhere in Europe.

• Sure, Send me a PM, We have plenty of BW spare in UK, KC Locations, Which is ofcourse guarenteed.

@trololo said: cheap VPS with at least 1,5 TB

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited September 2012

Did I miss the expected budget? How much space do you need?

• trololotrololo Member
    edited September 2012

As i said before there isnt ANYTHING that should matter for me. I don't need much hdd space or RAM space. CPU can be the crappiest on earth too. The only thing i will need it for to let other people download 2-3 files (around 40MB). I get like 2000 Downloads/day so i would atleast need 2TB traffic to be in the green zone.

Crappiest VPS (performance) but with decent traffic limit thats what i need :)
    My budget would be 35$/year

• @trololo said: Crappiest VPS (performance) but with decent traffic limit thats what i need :)

Sorry @Nick_A you don't quallify due to Crappy requirement :(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DestroyeRCo said: Sorry @Nick_A you don't quallify due to Crappy requirement :(

Not sure if I should :/ or :D

• @Nick_A said: Not sure if I should :/ or :D

I mean that your VPS service is really great, I'm saying this even when I don't own any VPS with ramnode :)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@trololo said: Crappiest VPS (performance) but with decent traffic limit thats what i need :)

So let us know who will win your crappy contest :P

Thanked by 1Amfy