Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

low ping time from Mumbai
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

low ping time from Mumbai

evnixevnix Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

looking for a vps provider who provides VPS with around 2gb ram with low ping time from Mumbai.
I have tested singapore location and it seems the best till now.
(reputed providers preferred)

Edit: Location can be anywhere as long as the ping time is low.

Comments

• How about @LeapSwitch

They are in Pune.

@evnix said:
    looking for a vps provider who provides VPS with around 2gb ram with low ping time from Mumbai.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • evnixevnix Member

LeapSwitch? They are too expensive, ~32 USD per month for a 2GB OpenVZ.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

evnix said: LeapSwitch? They are too expensive, ~32 USD per month for a 2GB OpenVZ.

Blame Indian Bandwidth! anyway it is too hard to find a cheaper solution in India.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

DO SG

• Talk to Ishan @leapswitch or you have right in your Signature.... Talk to Prometeus, they offer VPS's in the same DC as leapswitch I guess.

@evnix said:
    LeapSwitch? They are too expensive, ~32 USD per month for a 2GB OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • evnix said: looking for a vps provider who provides VPS with around 2gb ram with low ping time from Mumbai. I have tested singapore location and it seems the best till now. (reputed providers preferred)

What price do you expect and will you pay for a year or a month?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Low ping in Mumbai, well... India has a monopolistic and fragmented routing. You might be in same town and still have 500 ms ping because routing goes in US and back. I suggest you test the provider's location first: http://lg-pune.prometeus.net

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

http://lg.expertvm.com/ Give it a test

• you missed the dediserve sg opening offer

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@evnix said:

Edit: Location can be anywhere as long as the ping time is low.

Our Pune DC is directly connected using P2P connections to NIXI in Mumbai which is the main/only internet exchange in India. The latency is just 4-5 ms from NIXI.

Yesterday we had a conference in Pune organized by the DC and Microsoft which launched InternetFirst initiative in India which is working towards more peering/exchange , better routing and cheaper bandwidth. It also includes working with Department of IT and Telecom in India to break the monopoly of the 3 ISPs.

Hopefully in coming months we will start seeing the results.

Thanked by 2Maounique hostnoob
  • Hello,

We have our DC in New Delhi, India. Ping to Mumbai are usually 20ms.

You can check our plans here:

www.cloudbells.com/cloud

• evnixevnix Member

@maounique I just checked the prometeus pune ping. it was around 15-20 ms. I was so excited but all are out of stock :(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We are in the same location with leapswitch, in fact they host us, so, see what they have, should be same ping.

• Well blame the Indian Bandwidth. If you don't need much of the bandwidth then it can go cheap.

• evnixevnix Member

we will go with cloudbells as of now, the average ping is 60ms and the price is also good.