Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which provider do you actually use? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which provider do you actually use?

Comments

• i have used KnownHost :) love it

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited September 2012

Website Cluster:
    2x RAMHOST (KANSAS)
    2x BUYVM (SAN HOSE)
    3X EDIS (UK, CH, AT)
    1x PROMETEUS (IT)
    2x MISTERHOST (DE)

Mail testing:
    1x INCEPTIONHOSTING (NL)

Other testing/dev
    1x BUYVM
    1X IPXCORE

Shared hosting
    1x SecureDragon
    2x Webruimtehosting
    2x Transip
    1x Antagonist

Deprecated/Deadpool
    AlienVPS
    NordicVPS
    shared buyvm

• @acarrascope I would like to see what's going on. If you can pm your client id or ticket number, I am willing to take a look and work something out. We really don't want to see any unhappy clients.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

@soda said: it's so weird for me to see most lowendbox provider here have a lot of lowend vps with other LEB provider ...

Truth is I could get by without using any of them. I have a node that is purely for the needs of myself, Ryan, and Catalyst. I could use other services for backups. I use other LEB providers because I appreciate what they do and I want to support them. Plus, always a customer before a provider, I want to keep it that way ;)

• @Taz_NinjaHawk OK, the situation was terminated with reload OS, i have standard installers and that config used in many others LEB show some issues in your node. The problem begins when i try to work in production with it after 1 month.

The problem was solve dont worry about it.

• @acarrascope but you said you are leaving after this month (If I have misinterpreted your comment, sorry). If this is the case, this is unacceptable. Something somewhere has to go wrong. But if you insist....

• @Taz_NinjaHawk not decided yet but the half work day lost migrating leaves that conclusion.

• @acarrascope said: not decided yet but the half work day lost migrating leaves that conclusion.

Sorry to hear that :(

• I unfortunately made the mistake of buying a bunch of yearlies that sit mainly idle now
    or are heavily underused and I don't really trust them for serious tasks - For SERIOUS tasks I have some sweet deals from RamNode & LFCVPS that can take a beating.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

BuyVM - SwitchVM website
    Hudsonvalleyhost - SolusVM
    MotionServers - LA nodes

• Hostigation and ChicagoVPS.

• Pyramidserver and Stylexnetworks for the web servers. Prometeus and IPXcore for the DNS servers

• For external free client monitoring cluster I use
    Edis, Prometeus, Hostigation, lfcvps

External DNS is Prometeus & BuyVM

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited September 2012

Currently in production use: SecureDragon, Hostigation, Inception Hosting. All awesome providers that have stood the test of time.

Evaluation / Promising, but not-quite-there-yet: ChicagoVPS, Edis, HTTP Zoom.

Newest acquisition that's looking awesome: LFCVPS.

• Video streaming: all of them and I'm just too damn lazy to list 'em.

Web nonsense:

• 1xBuyVM SJ 512 OVZ
    • 1xPieServ 1GB OVZ

Police scanner icecast:

• 1xBuyVM SJ 128 OVZ
  • LoveVPS, HostDime, DediServe and BuyVM.

• @LV_Matt said: LoveVPS

LOL using your own LEB provider, that sounds weird.

• @Shane_Elmore said: LOL using your own LEB provider, that sounds weird.

I have about 14 :)

• @Jack said: Are they any good heard they have a pretty oversold network at evoswitch.

I don't really use it that much in all honesty, but from when I did it worked nicely. It will be cancelled shortly, I have been meaning to cancel it since January, since thats when I stopped using it.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

@Jack said: For what use?

Testing little projects I work on here and there.

Like:

1x for SolusVM integrations
    3x for development of new services (eg. Managed setup / secure script)
    etc...

• Production:

RocketVPS (LEB with coupon)
    Linode (non-LEB but was given free credits)
    Meyu.net (non-LEB)

Playing with:

Ramhost.us
    BuyVM.net
    EDIS.at
    AllGamer.net
    StyleXnetworks.com
    Dreamservers.uk.com

• Knownhost anyone?

You can deploy your own servers and use them ;-) not weird at all @LV_Matt

• @Randy said: Knownhost anyone?

Knownhost is not LEB at any rate.. and rocketvps is a brand of knownhost. and yes a few of us use them.. Highly stable and recommended

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A said: More :D

I actually just added the server info into PuTTY so I've been using it for testing. I <3 the connection to our Tampa, FL DC. :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Thank you for another ideas. :)
    Maybe I have to start to learn to create my own DNS with my spare vps

• From @Francisco - 1x 256MB BuyVM for Wp sites, and 1x 500G Storage.

No other LEBs, all dedis :)

• Only got one LEB @ Evorack for a VPN.

• Win2k8 1gb node from easyvds.net

• Sorry to dig this up but you might be thinking of a dedicated server provider with a similar name? We're not based in evoswitch?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited December 2012

I use VPSNodeBox for my actual production stuff, and VDS6 for testing (ie: euro traceroute/ping etc).