Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Optimal Payments has entered into an agreement to purchase Skrill Group
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Optimal Payments has entered into an agreement to purchase Skrill Group

"Optimal Payments" has entered into an agreement to purchase "Skrill Group" for approximately US$ 1.2 billion. The business combination, which is conditional on shareholder consent and the approval of the UK financial services regulator, is expected to close in the third quarter of 2015.

Optimal Payments and Skrill are both successful payment solution companies in the digital wallet and payment card markets, and have a large customer base. In combination, Optimal Payments and Skrill Group can benefit from a strong position in the digital wallet market, especially in Europe, and the move will reinforce our Company’s financial performance.

optimalpayments.com/news/press-releases/proposed-acquisition-optimal-payments-skrill-create-leading-global-player-online

Comments

• I hope they rebrand it. I find the "skrill" name horrible.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @rds100 said:
    I hope they rebrand it. I find the "skrill" name horrible.

name is fine. too bad the image has been branded into "chinese scam artists use this"