Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft hosting, at LEB-level prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minecraft hosting, at LEB-level prices

Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I wonder, do any hosters visiting LET, offer Minecraft hosting at prices, comparable with, say, GGServers?

The provider I was using so far, has recently switch to payment processor preventing me from further paying for service, so I am in quest for reliable, but not too expensive Minecraft hosting.

(with plans to order bigger server at the same provider later, to try myself as Minecraft sever admin)

Comments

• leckleyleckley Member
    edited March 2015

We offer Minecraft & Minecraft PE servers via our Cooked Porkchop division here: https://www.cookedporkchop.net/minecraft-game-server-hosting-rental/

While our pricing isn't uber low like others, you actually get everything you pay for and much more including a kick ass control panel with free backups & MySQL.

Which payment method are you needing?

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015

Master_Bo said: comparable with, say, GGServers?

Do they offer any DDoS protection without "PREMIUM FEATURES" activated, do you need it at all? Moreover they do not offer dedicated IP free of charge, as far as I can see, and do you need it?

• @leckley Thanks for the offer. How much shall I need to run Tekkit for 3-4 players without much problems?

@bersy No, currently I do not need either. Yes, talking of my future plans, I will need both.

However, I understand it's impossible to order heavy-load server for more than handful of players for LEB-level price.

• @Master_Bo said:
    leckley Thanks for the offer. How much shall I need to run Tekkit for 3-4 players without much problems?

Honestly, I am not entirely sure since they have so many packs/variations now. I always suggest our clients start with the 1GB of RAM package and then upgrade/downgrade once they see what their needs are when the server is running with all the plugins, players, etc. intended.

Via our web control panel you can monitor the RAM usage (nearly realtime) of your Minecraft server which will allow you to make a judgement call easily on when you need to upgrade or downgrade.

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015

EVLGaming within my memory (25% OFF coupon is applied to Minecraft hosting too). @ryguy222

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • RaptaRapta Member

Vultr allows you to hammer the cpu.

• DylanDylan Member

BuyVM does Minecraft hosting:

https://minerack.org/

Very good prices, too.

• We offer minecraft hosting at £3 (currently $4.46) per 1GB of RAM, includes DDoS Protection as standard.

• Your requirements don't sound very high. For a server as small as yours, digital ocean could work (I host one for someone over there on the 2gb plan) I ccan also recommend ramnodes premium ssd kvm plans. Just make sure you watch your CPU. Id say both are definitely leb pricing.

• @Rapta said:
    Vultr allows you to hammer the cpu.

I won't use Vultr services until their ToS/AUP become sane.Nothing personal. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.

@Dylan, @WSCallum, @Jonchun Thank you for pieces of advice, I am already looking into details.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • Sure thing. Pm me if you need help setting it up (no idea if you're the type that requires a control panel or not). Its fairly easy and I have no problem lending a hand.

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • @Jonchun said:
    Sure thing. Pm me if you need help setting it up (no idea if you're the type that requires a control panel or not). Its fairly easy and I have no problem lending a hand.

Personally, I need no CP - I am a command line man.

However, kids for whom I am doing that, will better handle it with CP. So, when possible, I prefer something like Multicraft available.

Thanks for your offer of help.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Master_Bo said: I prefer something like Multicraft available.

You poor soul. :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @Francisco said:
    You poor soul. :(

Thanks, I appreciate your pity (although I can quite well do without).

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

:D

Best of luck on your hunt.

Francisco

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Master_Bo said:
    Thanks for your offer of help.

VPS+McMyAdmin? Best of both worlds.

• @matthewvz said:
    VPS+McMyAdmin? Best of both worlds.

Aye, but technical details of how to install and run is completely another matter.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Aye, but technical details of how to install and run is completely another matter.

Pretty sure it's just following a 1 page install guide and running a script. That's how it is with multicraft at least.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@Master_Bo said:

McMyAdmin is pretty easy to use honestly. On the download page they give you all the instructions to install it, just select GNU/Linux, http://mcmyadmin.com/#/download.

• @matthewvz said:
    McMyAdmin is pretty easy to use honestly. On the download page they give you all the instructions to install it, just select GNU/Linux, http://mcmyadmin.com/#/download.

Thanks, I have enough system administration experience to figure out such simple things myself :)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited March 2015

Master_Bo said: Thanks, I have enough system administration experience to figure out such simple things myself :)

Just don't forget to install Java, the guide there doesn't cover that. You'll need to run the final command which starts and runs the panel in screen or something.

• @kcaj said:
    Just don't forget to install Java, the guide there doesn't cover that. You'll need to run the final command which starts and runs the panel in screen or something.

Definitely. And, most important part, don't forget to order a server and install OS on it, so that installing Java would work. Thanks!

Thanked by 1kendid
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited March 2015

@Master_Bo said:
    Definitely. And, most important part, don't forget to order a server and install OS on it, so that installing Java would work. Thanks!

So much experience for nothing. You forgot to boot the server! :)

• @Traffic said:
    So much experience for nothing. You forgot to boot the server! :)

Woe upon me!

Well, now I know whom to recommend when ti comes to actually setting things up.

Seriously, people, I appreciate all useful pieces of advice on this thread, however actually serious.