Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for recommendations on Europe-based VPS, approx $12/€10/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for recommendations on Europe-based VPS, approx $12/€10/year

Hello chaps and chappettes (who are really chaps, but whatever),

I'm looking for recommendations for a few cheapish yearlies. I'm only looking for recommendations on providers you've been with for at least 3 months, and I'm not looking for 'offers' - so providers, kindly give this thread a swerve (unless you're recommending another providers services, obviously). Onto the minimum specs required:

1 CPU core
256MB RAM (no swap/burst required)
5GB HDD (SSD not required)
100mb/s bandwidth (of which I can reliably use approx 50mb/s)
300GB data transfer
1 dedicated IPv4
OVZ virtualisation is fine, I'm not expecting anything else at this price-point.

For the location I'm looking for Europe only, but not Germany or Luxembourg please.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015

Time4vps.eu

I am on mobile right now, i write more later

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Frecyboy said: Time4vps.eu

Why? What's good about them? I was looking for an actual, fully-fledged recommendation rather than just a domain name.

• Evoburst.com has a Netherlands location.

Check my last offer thread for a yearly deal that fits your requirements nicely :)

• BandwagonHost NL would be one of my picks. I think they have a 512MB plan for $10/yr that meets your requirements.

HostHatch would be another pick, but I think the 256MB is similar to Ramnode pricing - so basically double your budget. Awesome service though if you want to bump up budget for a box in Sweden.

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AutoSnipe said: Evoburst.com has a Netherlands location.

Check my last offer thread for a yearly deal that fits your requirements nicely :)

Nekki said: I'm not looking for 'offers' - so providers, kindly give this thread a swerve

So thanks, but no thanks, just looking for recommendations.

mikeyur said: BandwagonHost NL would be one of my picks. I think they have a 512MB plan for $10/yr that meets your requirements.

How long have/did you have a plan with them for? How was the network performance?

mikeyur said: HostHatch would be another pick, but I think the 256MB is similar to Ramnode pricing - so basically double your budget. Awesome service though if you want to bump up budget for a box in Sweden.

I actually have one of these up for renewal in April, which is why I'm shopping about now, to see if there's anything better around.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Give me a few days :) something new is coming.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Nekki said: How long have/did you have a plan with them for? How was the network performance?

About 4-5 months now. Network has been solid, can consistently get 60-75MB/s upload to other boxes in EU - like my stuff at Online.net or Hetzner. I'll toss a test file on it and PM you.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5639  @ 2.13GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2133.505 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 512 MB
    Total amount of swap : 64 MB
    System uptime :   53 days, 1:22,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 95.3MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 19.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 16.5MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.17MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 88.7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.77MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 12.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 23.4MB/s
    I/O speed :  327 MB/s
    Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

mikeyur said: I'll toss a test file on it and PM you.

Cheers for that, looks pretty solid, they're definitely on the consideration list.

• ChanChan Member

LowEndSpirit or BandwagonHost

• JoeryJoery Member

Bandwagonhost

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Chan said:
    LowEndSpirit or BandwagonHost

At least read the opening post, ffs.

• @Nekki said:

Well use Hosthatch. Last year i bought a hosthatch 256MB VPS for 19USD/year.
    I used it every day , for production use. Overall uptie is 100% oh yes one day there was a server issue with uplink and solved within minutes.

Well if you need more quality. Up your budget a little bit. You know in the US you could get the cheapest vps's but in the Eu. Expensive IP blabla..

I recommend hosthatch. For now i use their backup line. They really know what have to do in this industry.

If you need any question.. just ask :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I will blatantly ignore your price point and list the providers I have service with in EU (that I remember)

• Inception Hosting in NL - small annual offer I got long ago, just paid the 3rd annual invoice. Was running piwik server, irc bouncer, remote desktop. Not all at once :). Been online when I needed it, never monitored uptime much on this one.

• minivps.co.uk - have one of their old £10/year servers from when they had a French location, currently in the UK. currently used as a test server. Online when I needed it.

• Prometeus (also an annual offer that I picked up 2(?) years ago, only two hiccups during this time, one incomming ddos and the dc outage not long ago.

• Hosthatch - Sweden location, got their annual deal to use as a vpn when abroad. Tried to run gitlab on one of the two I have, worked fine until a recent update. Now I can't check in objects anymore. Probably because lack of memory.

All in all, I'm happy with all of them.
    I also have a bunch of LES servers but no need to mention those since they don't have dedicated IPv4.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

mikho said: I will blatantly ignore your price point and list the providers I have service with in EU (that I remember)

Well I appreciate you at least taking the time to a) read the OP and b) writing something more just a business name.

I don't need to be sold on Inception, always been more than happy with the service.

Minivps' closest plan to my spec is well over budget, but I'll have a look over a VPSBoard and see if Martin's offering any discounted goodies over there.

I'd be more than happy with something from Prometeus, but it's been a long time since I remember seeing any yearlies that fit the bill. Doesn't seem like they're interested/need to be involved in the race to the bottom anymore.

I like HostHatch and may stay with them in the end, I'm just reviewing options.

• Matthew Morgan to the rescue

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki
    Well I appreciate you at least taking the time to a) read the OP and b) writing something more just a business name.

Can't give you any recommendations on providers I haven't had service with or stopped using because of bad service, that wouldn't be fair, would it?

Perhaps this will please your plans? http://direvps.com/offer3.php

From Openitc

• mikho said: Perhaps this will please your plans? http://direvps.com/offer3.php

4 Error(s) encountered:

These products has been de-activated. Please check back later.

Please hit the back button on your browser to correct any errors or alternatively click here to start the order process from the beginning. Thank you.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited March 2015

AnthonySmith said: Give me a few days :) something new is coming.

must... protect wallet!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nekki said: I'd be more than happy with something from Prometeus, but it's been a long time since I remember seeing any yearlies that fit the bill. Doesn't seem like they're interested/need to be involved in the race to the bottom anymore.

No, the problem was with abuse. We are more than happy to create stock on any plan for people which have an account in good standing with use for more than 6 months.
    Our 384 MB OVZ was very popular and now has ssd too for 18 a year. However, no plan we ever had fit within 10 a year for 256 MB ram.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Maounique said: We are more than happy to create stock on any plan for people which have an account in good standing with use for more than 6 months.

I haven't had an account active with you for ages, so that rules me out before we even start talking price.

IWStack would be ideal for this in theory, but I had too many problems with spinning up new instances in good time.