Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to keep CPU usage low?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to keep CPU usage low?

deeetroitdeeetroit Member
edited March 2015 in Help

After my last post, where I found out I was an absoulute IDIOT, Although, I'm still a noob. I have now set up my VPS to run how I wanted it to... However, I tried running a program through Wine known as Hitleap viewer, it seemed fine so I left it overnight. I woke up to my service being suspended due to high CPU usage... I asked the provider what percentage of CPU I could restrict myself to using (with this command vzctl set 101 --cpulimit [insert number here]--save). He replied saying that I can't do that as it will cause "high io load to the whole node" so What can I do so that I can run my stuff and not get suspended?

Comments

• Get a dedicated server or stop using Hitleap.

• I remember GoodHosting have Jingling/Hitleap plans. But I'm not sure he is still selling or not. You can try to contact him

• Virtualization on top of virtualization with a program running, what could ultimately go wrong?

• @comXyz said:
    I remember GoodHosting have Jingling/Hitleap plans. But I'm not sure he is still selling or not. You can try to contact him

That is not good advice - GoodHosting's services are run on autopilot, there's no one on the other side 99.9% of the time.

• @Traffic said:
    That is not good advice - GoodHosting's services are run on autopilot, there's no one on the other side 99.9% of the time.

That's right, I've been waiting for @goodhosting for 2 weeks for a ticket to be answered. FOX2 has been down for almost 3 weeks, CHI2 is also having issues and I haven't been able to get in touch with them via tickets or through the phone.

And I paid for a few annual plans only a couple of months ago :(