Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Europe Dedicated - Relatively Low RAM, High CPU, Affordable IP's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Europe Dedicated - Relatively Low RAM, High CPU, Affordable IP's

VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We're looking to expand to Europe for our European gaming and proxy customers to improve their ping. I've researched this extensively, but I just can't seem to find a host that fits what we need so it's very hard to expand at our current price points. I don't want to have to charge more for our Europe locations once we expand. Obviously we can lose some profits and I'm fine with breaking even just so we can provide better service to these customers, yet that still seems difficult to do with my requirements. The top contenders have been Worldstream and OVH. However each of these has their downside. Worldstream charges too much for IPs, OVH has undesirable IP fees as well as being overboard on RAM, cost, and being hated by a lot of our customers due to bad hosts with overloaded CPU on their 128GB RAM plans.

What's required:

• E3-1240v3 or similar power
  • Minimum /27 IPv4
  • 16GB RAM
  • 1 Gbps Port
  • Minimum 120GB, SSD preferred
  • Minimum 2TB traffic
  • Approximately €70-90

We can pay more as long as the power scales up proportionately. None of the above requirements are set in stone and we can adapt if needed but that's just where I'd like to start.

Thanks in advance. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Comments

• I think the best choice for you still will be OVH. Because of their unique networking, you can just order a couple of IPs for a start & order more as required, it does not matter whether you use OpenVZ, XEN, KVM or VMware. IP addresses in Europe are expensive as compared to US & Canada. And with OVH you just have to pay a one time setup fee per IP.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015

Some in Germany:

https://www.ip-projects.de/ + /27 for 18€/mon

https://www.active-servers.com/ + /27 for 16,90€/mon

• Hetzner. OVH.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited March 2015

As KwiceroLTD does, I would also suggest Hetzner.

Check out their product matrix for PX line:
    https://www.hetzner.de/de/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-px

The PX60-SSD for example uses the E3-1270v3 is 79€ / month and has 2x240GB SSDs.
    Sadly the costs for the /27 (32€ + 15€ for the Flexi-Pack) are going to overrun your overall budget...

You could also check out Webtropia at https://www.webtropia.com/de/root-server-dedicated/supermicro-xeon-e3-server.html .
    They charge 1€ / IP / month, so with the cheapest one you would stay just within your budget of 90€ / month.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2015

HP ProLiant DL160 G6 2 x 2.66GHz 6 CORE (24 threads) 1 tb sata 3 16GB DDR3 RAM 5 ipv4 for free (or /24 for 300 eur one time) In Romania price will be 80 eur/mo

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2015

@cociu which processor? cost of 2nd, 3rd, 4th drive, RAM and bandwidth?

• cociucociu Member

processor : 2 x Intel XEON HEX (6) core 2.66GHz (X5650) 12MB L3 CACHE, 6.4GT/s QPI, TURBO TO 3.06GHz, 24 THREAD , 1 tb hdd +10 $/mo , 16 gb ram , bandwich 5 tb

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

In Germany:

GhostNet GmBH (0.30 Euro Per IP)
    23-Media (IP Price Reasonable)
    Hetzner (If IP is the main issue, then not recommended, they would require to buy a Shit named FlexiPack)
    Accelerated IT is also Okay.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

fametel said: Because of their unique networking, you can just order a couple of IPs for a start & order more as required

I just don't understand their whole "parked" IP situation as there will always be IPs that are unused throughout the month and fluctuations. Then there's the fact that we're already over budget before the IPs. We just don't need that 64GB RAM yet it's there and we get charged for it, as well as the premium bandwidth and DDoS protection we don't need either.

Gigabit uplink is the only thing they seem to lack within budget.

This one seems to be within budget for the Intel Core-i7 4770. Does anyone speak better English than myself or Google Translate? ;) I want to make sure I'm not missing out on important details.

KwiceroLTD said: Hetzner.

They seem even worse than OVH with their IPs and pricing but I've heard good things about them. I just think we'll be way over budget.

Bochi said: You could also check out Webtropia at https://www.webtropia.com/de/root-server-dedicated/supermicro-xeon-e3-server.html . They charge 1€ / IP / month, so with the cheapest one you would stay just within your budget of 90€ / month.

This might actually be perfect for us; thank you.

cociu said: HP ProLiant DL160 G6 2 x 2.66GHz 6 CORE (24 threads) 1 tb sata 3 16GB DDR3 RAM 5 ipv4 for free (or /24 for 300 eur one time) In Romania price will be 80 eur/mo

@cociu is there anything in between 5 IPv4 and /24 for 300? I actually really like the 2x X5650 and so do my bulk customers.

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: GhostNet GmBH (0.30 Euro Per IP)

Are they just collocation or do they offer servers as well?

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like Active-Servers or Webtropia are the top picks at the moment, so if anyone who's used them could give some honest feedback about their reliability, policies, and if I'm going to have to be fluent in German to make support tickets that'd be great :)

• cociucociu Member

@VirMach yes is possible cost for additional ip is 1$/mo

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015
  • BochiBochi Member

@VirMach said:
    Looks like Active-Servers or Webtropia are the top picks at the moment, so if anyone who's used them could give some honest feedback about their reliability, policies, and if I'm going to have to be fluent in German to make support tickets that'd be great :)

A friend of mine is using Webtropia since years for his company's productive hosting environment, can't remember any complaints and they are around since 2001 (its basically http://myloc.de/), so everything should be pretty stable.
    Regarding the language of the support tickets: There is an english version of their website, that makes me think they also want to provide the english speaking market with their services.

• VirMach said: They seem even worse than OVH with their IPs and pricing but I've heard good things about them. I just think we'll be way over budget.

If Hetzner is expensive for you, then i think you should find charity host.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Profforg said:
    If Hetzner is expensive for you, then i think you should find charity host.

It's obviously very cheap when you don't need many IPs but we do. Once you factor in what they charge for that, it ends up being more expensive than most other hosts.