Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to optimization VPN server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to optimization VPN server

AisheeAishee Member

I'm building an OpenVPN system, I'm wondering about the security solution and optimization. Please help me.

Comments

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Use Key Auth only, use DH, AES256

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would suggest to your own research and if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. This can't be answered on a simple message on the forum.

patrick7 said: AES256

Not if by optimization he means a balance between performance and security. AES256 is pretty slow, even with hardware acceleration.

Thanked by 1Aishee
  • @Nyr said:
    I would suggest to your own research and if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. This can't be answered on a simple message on the forum.

Not if by optimization he means a balance between performance and security. AES256 is pretty slow, even with hardware acceleration.

Eg: I want fast speed for VPN. Thanks

Aishee said: I want fast speed for VPN. Thanks

If by fast you mean gigabit, get an AES-NI capable CPU and use AES-128. For 100 mbps, pretty much any common CPU and cipher will max the port.

Thanked by 1Aishee
  • AICAIC Member

If you need fast speed vpn use the pptp but less security, if you like to have security with speed use l2tp/ipsec and if your concern is security then go for openvpn.
    I will suggest the freeraidus with openvpn and alll other vpn servers for the product designing.

Good luck with your business.

Thanked by 1Aishee
  • You can also take a look at SoftEther.

Thanked by 1Aishee
  • @Nyr said:
    If by fast you mean gigabit, get an AES-NI capable CPU and use AES-128. For 100 mbps, pretty much any common CPU and cipher will max the port.

You can specify. Thanks!

@Aishee said:
    You can specify. Thanks!

About what?