Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have some question about KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have some question about KVM VPS

Hello All LET friends

Today i am writing here some question about KVM vps. Now a day i am working in a hosting company. Last few day i notice my current company lost some clients. Lot of client open ticket about free site transfer in there new VPS. (note: All are cPanel vps)

Our CEO ask me that why current company lost clients !

Personally i ask some client why they go other company ?

They tell me that they got a better configure vps in other provider who give them good price and KVM vps in low budget !

Then i find the company who give KVM vps with a very cheap price. https://contabo.com/?show=vps see this

All LET member tell me that how this company able to give 30 GB ram KVM vps with 2TB disk in 25 euro !

Note : SSD BOOST and 1Gbps port with unlimited bandwidth !

Comments

• @whmsys said:
    Hello All LET friends

Today i am writing here some question about KVM vps. Now a day i am working in a hosting company. Last few day i notice my current company lost some clients. Lot of client open ticket about free site transfer in there new VPS. (note: All are cPanel vps)

Our CEO ask me that why current company lost clients !

Personally i ask some client why they go other company ?

They tell me that they got a better configure vps in other provider who give them good price and KVM vps in low budget !

Then i find the company who give KVM vps with a very cheap price. https://contabo.com/?show=vps see this

All LET member tell me that how this company able to give 30 GB ram KVM vps with 2TB disk in 25 euro !

Note : SSD BOOST and 1Gbps port with unlimited bandwidth !

Own DC + monster nodes + older hardware + thin provisioning + ksm + ballooning

• They give Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620

• still really low prices and overwhelmingly high specs at such cost which ever way I see it

• @whmsys said:
    They give Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620

How are you so sure about that when all it displays is QEMU Virtual CPU xx ?

• @century1stop said:
    still really low prices and overwhelmingly high specs at such cost which ever way I see it

But most of the people will not be happy with the performance :)

• @fametel said:
    How are you so sure about that when all it displays is QEMU Virtual CPU xx ?

yea, you are so right

@fametel said:
    But most of the people will not be happy with the performance :)

hopefully not, cause it's way to competitive for small fry like my org. to compete

• earlearl Member

Hmm.. Tempting offer, 6GB Ram 500 GB Disk 100 mbit unmetered for around $10/mo. Curious how well it works..

• So what is your question?

Thanked by 2bersy geekalot
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2015

@earl said:
    Hmm.. Tempting offer, 6GB Ram 500 GB Disk 100 mbit unmetered for around $10/mo. Curious how well it works..

They work fine if you just want to host a few websites but they are throttled in such a way that game servers or other relative intensive stuff wouldn't work well.

Thanked by 1earl
  • cociucociu Member

overselling maybe ?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2015

whmsys said: They give Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620

Contabo puts you on a 2011 socket i7, might even be with ECC (but i would doubt it).

Host has (up to) 64GB RAM (CPU limit) which would mean 2 non oversold VPS per node (more likely 4) and an income of 25*2 = 50EUR - The dedicated server required to run this is sold by Contabo at 80EUR (without RAID tho)

I doubt they make much profit on it and it might be missing RAID, but it's not impossible.

• dont worry, they will come back to you after thair vps will be 2-3 days down or suspended. Contabo got rebranded before some years. they got to much bad reviews with the old brand (forgot the name). To poor servers with high downages.

• fametel said: How are you so sure about that when all it displays is QEMU Virtual CPU xx ?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

It's not very hard to offer what they're offering. It's just a dedicated server that's probably shared by a few people. They have a 2x E5-1620 with 128GB RAM for 120 euros. Divide 128GB RAM, and it comes out to about four of those 30GB plans and some extra. They're making about the same profit off their dedicated servers as their VPS.

• VPSnetVPSnet Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

KSM memory sharing

balooning

thin provisioning

Low GHZ cores (and old ones that why they tell how many cores but not how many GHZ youll get)

(5 x 10 Gbit/s optical fiber) its all datacenter capacity MARKETING TRICK

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 60 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 5 days the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s). MARKETING TRICKS

Hiden windows price

hiden control panel price

hiden backups price

First payment: 7.99 EUR (for 1 month) i think that they will add to me contract

unknown CPU model

unknown HDD model, in these days all good providers use SSD or at least caching solution

• @whmsys said:

Last time I had vps with them in 2013 & host-passthrough was not enabled on their vps then. So it seems that they have changed their policy recently :)