Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any linode specials on?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any linode specials on?

i am about to buy 2-3 VPS from linode and their loadbalancer in another month of 2.
anyone know if any good specials or deals on with them at the moment?

Comments

• Wait for Easter.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • dediservedediserve Member
    edited March 2015

If you've a new account, STPATRICK2015 gets you some credit, otherwise they are not running specials at the moment.

LET has no sense of humour :)

Steve

• please explain dediserve.

Thanked by 1maoyipeng
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Pabloz said:
    please explain dediserve.

He is a web host, hence he is stating that you should look for another provider, and not use linode.

To be completely honest Pabloz, I have previously used Linode for critical applications, and it was perfect. Amazing people, and amazing quality. If you can wait for a special, then do so. Otherwise, if it is critical, I'd go with it right now, as price is not bad - it is reasonable for quality service.

Thanked by 2dediserve KwiceroLTD
  • tommytommy Member

Only STPATRICK2015 to get $17 credit but only for new account.

• lbftlbft Member

dediserve said: Or use a better provider ;)

You must be pretty flexible, talking out your ass like that.

Thanked by 1Netsat
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

lbft said: You must be pretty flexible, talking out your ass like that.

Yeah after reading how totally awesome "dediserve" is, and what a wonderful person "James" is, wouldn't expect seeing him going around randomly pissing on Linode in unrelated threads.

• dediserve said: Or use a better provider ;)

Heh..meant himself..? They already over advertised on LEB.. :)

• @dediserve said:
    Or use a better provider ;)

Oh no you didn't!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

They be a king of Asia after add ID location (may be) :)

• fitvpn said: They be a king of Asia after add ID location (may be)

How so? ID is neither a major network hub nor known for any good peering, 90% of the traffic will simply go back to SG...

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • William said: William

And go trough local 1Mbps network to outside ID

• @William the problem with ID is not routing, but capacity, whoever can provide more capacity at price, wins :) It is one of the Asia's major market ( w/ 200+m ppl) that's behind in internet connectivity ...

• so are you guys actually saying stay away from dediserve? or they are an good bunch with reliable service?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • LeeLee Veteran

Dediserve are absolutely fine.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited March 2015

Pabloz said: so are you guys actually saying stay away from dediserve? or they are an good bunch with reliable service?

I'm not sure what the difference between the two is, they both have very similar websites.

• @kcaj said:

So if you have a similar website, your services are exactly the same? Im not seeing your point here. By your logic every host that uses the word "cloud" or "hosting " along with a bootstrapped template is exactly the same...

• ATHKATHK Member

Lol how is that second picture "the same" except for the default arrow button, looks like font-awesome or just plain glyphy that comes with Bootstrap.

And the first image? a few dots and a screen with some text? so?

• tommytommy Member

fitvpn said: And go trough local 1Mbps network to outside ID

most of dedicated provider only offer upto 10-20 mbps international connection (download, upload a bit slower). but for resident connection we can get more than that :) upto 100 mbps (mostly 90-95 mbps) download / 20 mbps upload.

• tommytommy Member

kcaj said: I'm not sure what the difference between the two is, they both have very similar website.

these website more similiar to StylexNetworks design.

• @kcaj said:

It's time to get those reading glasses pal.

• LeeLee Veteran

if the best you can come up is that their site is similar then I guess you really have no useful input

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • RaptaRapta Member

@Lee said:
    if the best you can come up is that their site is similar then I guess you really have no useful input

At least he has provided input rather then your useless comment.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Rapta said:

I have provided substantial feedback in various thread about Dediserve.

Rather than you and @Kcaj being whiny little trolls go do something useful like tidy your rooms.

• RaptaRapta Member

Lee said: I have provided substantial feedback in various thread about Dediserve.

You mean you're shilling dediserve? How much shekels are they paying you?

• LeeLee Veteran

@Rapta said:

Like I said, go tidy your room.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited March 2015

Lee said: I have provided substantial feedback in various thread about Dediserve.

Rather than you and @Kcaj being whiny little trolls go do something useful like tidy your rooms.

Why are you acting like a spoilt kid here? I've added my contribution (whether you agree with it or not, I don't care) and you've added yours. It shouldn't be too hard for you to part on a difference of a opinion and get on with your day without dropping 1-line personal insults.

For the record, as your remarks have a running theme of "tidy your room" or "tell your mum" (change the record?), I'm not a kid and I don't live at home anymore.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • RaptaRapta Member

@Lee said:

My maid doesn't come in until five, love.