Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proxy vs VPS vs VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proxy vs VPS vs VPN

vyalavyala Member

I have a project basically to scrap specific contents from many web portals. I think using VPS or NAT VPS always exposes the IP address, which is bad for hosting provider and I don't want to leave a IP trace mark, put hosting provider in a banned IP sort.

Right now, I use public proxy servers, which are very slow, but works, facing many downtimes and errors. Private proxies cost more than what VPS can do.

Do you know paid proxy services that cost me less than 2 USD per month that offer about 3-5 proxies per month about 20-50 GB bandwidth per month with faster data transfer? HTTP is alright. If you are in LET, reputed, I am OK for yearly deal. PM me on private offers. I found myprivateproxy and proxy-n-vpn, they provide 1 private proxy with fixed ip.

What is your recommendation? Do we have option to hide the IP address without proxy server from VPS?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

vyala said: exposes the IP address, which is bad for hosting provider and I don't want to leave a IP trace mark, put hosting provider in a banned IP sort.

vyala said: less than 2 USD per month that offer about 3-5 proxies per month about 20-50 GB bandwidth per month with faster data transfer? HTTP is alright. If you are in LET, reputed, I am OK for yearly deal. PM me

Summary: "I am doing shit which is bad for the hosting providers and puts them onto all sorts of ban and block lists. Plz offer me a $2/month deal, but only if you're 'reputed'."

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Not really in your "$2" budget but these guys https://wonderproxy.com/ have legitimately a presence in every country that there is hosting available. However I would suggest you ask them first regarding your potentially naughty content before paying and later maybe having account suspension

• Many VPN hosts will work hard to protect your privacy, but if you will potentially hurt their business, why would they want you as a customer? Perhaps they will put out more for you if you give them lots of money, but asking them to take a risk in return for less money is not sensible. In any case the bottom line is that none of them are willing to go to jail for you.

• gb2HF

• vyalavyala Member

@rm_,

oops, nothing sort of, I need to pull out nutrition data from few sites and recipes from another site, need to do data aggregation, this needs to hit about 30K+ web pages on few websites. He needs the data for presentations, aggregated.

• Based on server logs, a lot of website crawlers seem to be hosted with Amazon.