Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 5 Live Coverage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 5 Live Coverage

laaevlaaev Member
edited September 2012 in General

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/apple/iphone/iphone-5-liveblog/

http://live.gizmodo.com/

I'm monitoring both links for live coverage on the iPhone 5. I'm really excited and will definitely be getting one!

Comments

• wonder what apple copied from android and WMO this time :D

• @DanielM said: wonder what apple copied from android and WMO this time :D

They will probably announce NFC then say its revolutionary and new, despite that Android phones have had it for 2 years now.

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Perhaps i'll read the news about it tomorrow. Got better things to do, like watching grass frow.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Watching on Engadget. Ignoring the butt hurt android fanboys above ;)

• Android trolls always compensating for their shitty OS by seeking out iPhone/iPad discussions. Please take yourselves in to another discussion to piss and moan in, thanks!

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller jar
  • ChiefChief Member
    edited September 2012

Android Trolls this way plz >>> http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/122209#Comment_122209

Any more Android Fanboi ramblings after this post will disappear! Back under the bridge you lot!

Thanked by 2Infinity jar

Didn't go overboard on a redesign, I like that. I'm not one that really feels every version needs a complete overhaul of it's structure.

• ""Made entirely of glass and aluminum"

Someone buy one and drop it on the floor, strength testers

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Chief
    I have a 4s and I cant be bothered about whats new for version 5.
    Like the latest ipad, 4g support, but not where I live. Meaning... I don't care about it.

• A fifth row of icons.

This changes everything. Again.

Thanked by 1ElliotJ

There she is...the A6

• @Chief said: Android trolls always compensating for their shitty OS by seeking out iPhone/iPad discussions. Please take yourselves in to another discussion to piss and moan in, thanks!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland said: There she is...the A6

which is an arm9? or ?

edit: typo

• Great, a 4G/LTE module that does not work in Austria... i see no sales for that here, or that Three will even sell it...

edited September 2012

@DanielM I'm not sure, haven't seen specs on it but last I recall it was said to be about 9x the performance of the A4(arm7 ...or was it 8?).

• @William said: Great, a 4G/LTE module that does not work in Austria... i see no sales for that here, or that Three will even sell it...

Depends what bands it uses, if might be compatible. EE/T-Mobile is a big operator so maybe battled for exclusivity.

• they still stuck with 512mb ram too??

I won't lie I wouldn't mind a RAM upgrade, although 512 is still quite nice for a mobile. Hopefully they remember the lesson from the iPhone 3G that what is plenty today isn't always plenty tomorrow.

• so what makes this different than the 4s really besides the body?

• @24khost said: so what makes this different than the 4s really besides the body?

The number - it's one higher than before.

• @DanielM said: Same as the previous iphones. Nothing much yet ppl still pay silly prices for minor upgrades.

I think the jump from the 3G to the 4 was fairly sizeable.

• I heard the new iPhone is really good, apparently its new 4" screen is an amazing improvement over the 3.5".

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@jhadley said: I think the jump from the 3G to the 4 was fairly sizeable.

Yeh thats another "bonus" but we have yet to see what cat it is.

@24khost The CPU, LTE. Doesn't sound like much but app developers are really the ones who decide how appealing it is by how much they take advantage of the power.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Basically glorified IOS upgraded with a new cpu and lte? That is it, My phone will get IOS6 soon enough then i will have most of the same features.

• New screen size
    • Thinner
    • 2xfaster proc?
    • 4G / LTE
    • Better "realistic" graphics (most realistic mobile graphics available to date?)
    • iOS6 (Available on 4 / 4S most likely)
    • Glass/Aluminium Body

Can't think of anything else, worth the £400-700 price tag?

@24khost Something else you were looking for? I'm upgrading but after selling my iPhone 4 it's costing me $30 so there's really no reason not to. Opens up the network I already pay for more.

• @StormVZ said: worth the £400-700 price tag?

That depends on the real features. "new screen size" or "2xfaster proc" doesn't really say anything about it.

• @StormVZ said: Better "realistic" graphics (most realistic mobile graphics available to date?)

They have not compared it to the Tegra 3.