Anyone using Open Game Panel?

Anyone using Open Game Panel?

FreekFreek Member
edited September 2012 in General

Since I have so many VPSes sitting there being idle, I had the idea of giving away free voice servers. Because some people prefer TS2, others Mumble or Ventrilo, I looked into the options of setting up a control panel for easy management and creation of these game servers. Open Game Panel does these things for free. After setup, one can easily (they claim) add a game server, including voice servers, with a few clicks. The installers will be transferred via rsync to your server. So far I have been able to sucessfully install Open Game Panel (pad on the shoulder for my self, as a linux noob), but the rsync isn't really working yet. No matter which mirror I take, nothing happens.. 'Starting sync with rsync.opengamepanel.org/ogp_game_installer/ts2/linux/ ' is all I get. I tried different gameservers such as Teamspeak 3, but the problem is the same.

I was wondering if you guys have used OGP in the past? More info: http://opengamepanel.org/viewpage.php?page_id=13

Install instructions: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/hldstart/wiki#AgentInstallation

Also, if you know any alternatives to Open Game Panel, please let me know :) I am looking into voice servers, but Call of Duty 2 or 4 (which might be pushing it on a LEB) are of my interest as well. Counter Strike GO also ;)

Linux noob willing to learn.

Comments

• Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited September 2012

I like GamePanelX (Awesome Alternative, never got OGP working the way I'd like), I was gonna use it on my GSP subsidary, but then I found out about V3, and I decided to wait :3

http://overclockedhost.com Overclocked Host - XEN VPS starting at $6.99

• Been running it for 2 months now. That error with rsync is showing that your OGP agent doesn't own (chown) the user_files folder that rsync is trying to download to. Have you got the latest SVN edition? You might see my rsync mirror on there :p Any issues message me :)

• FreekFreek Member
    edited September 2012

Thanks for the replies!

@Wolf95 I'll look into GamePanelX tommorrow :)

@jkr1711 Ah that can explain. I'll look into it tommorrow. I have the latest nightly version. I just followed the tutorial, so I am not sure if that's the latest svn version.

• I have a friend developing the most beautiful game CP out there yet.

It's not near release yet, but it's going to be amazing.

~ Jimmy VortexUnit. Who likes poptart.cats?
  • FreekFreek Member
    edited September 2012

@Wolf95 I managed to install GamePanelX altough their documentation is very limited. I have my Master and Remote server setup, however I cannot install any VOIP servers. It does not feauture an rsync/autoinstall feauture like OpenGamePanel does, only for Steam games, is that correct?

@jkr1711 I managed to get rsync running :) It installed TS2, TS3 and Vent for me. But they do not start. TS2 says: Error starting daemon. Aborted (Thats all..)

TS3 says: 012-09-12 16:39:06.383005|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.3 (2012-03-17 06:12:11) 2012-09-12 16:39:06.408343|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, Version 2, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH 2012-09-12 16:39:06.409370|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 3.7.3 2012-09-12 16:39:06.419474|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | checking database integrity (may take a while) 2012-09-12 16:39:06.517212|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to register local accounting service 2012-09-12 16:39:06.517315|ERROR |ServerLibPriv | | Server() error while starting servermanager, error: instance check error 2012-09-12 16:40:08.340989|ERROR |Accounting | | failed to register local accounting service 2012-09-12 16:40:08.341079|ERROR |ServerLibPriv | | Server() error while starting servermanager, error: instance check error

I just installed them via rsync, so in theory they should just work out of the box right?

@lelo0108 any ETA?

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

The Original Daniel.

Thanked by 1n0my
  • Wolf95Wolf95 Member
    edited September 2012

@Freek said: autoinstall feauture like OpenGamePanel does, only for Steam games, is that correct?

Correct, You just have to extract a folder and browse to that folder when you're adding a template. (I know mumble works this way)

http://overclockedhost.com Overclocked Host - XEN VPS starting at $6.99

• @Wolf95 said: Correct, You just have to extract a folder and browse to that folder when you're adding a template. (I know mumble works this way)

Oh okay. I must say that's an neat feature of Open Game Panel. I'll see if I can solve the errors TeamSpeak is giving me, because apart from that, it works pretty neat once you got it up and running :)