Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much RAM do I need for my HTPC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much RAM do I need for my HTPC?

Hello everyone!

I intend to buy a bare-bone mini-PC that I would use a bit for everything. This is what I'd like to do:

1) Use it as a seedbox running 24/7 with an internet connection of 100 Mbps in download and 5 Mbps in upload, 1000 or so simultaneous torrents with storage attached of 12 TB.

2) Use it as a SAMBA server to stream videos and music to multiple users connected (up to 3 or 4). Streaming to mobile devices or laptops.

3) Connect it to a TV through HDMI to watch online channels (through a web browser).

4) Connect it to a TV through HDMI to watch local content (1080p).

5) Use it as a cloud (1 TB dedicated for this).

6) Leave open a couple of instances of a game that takes about 650 Mb for instance (it's an RPG where you can sell items to other players, so I would like to set up my "market" and leave it open all the items are sold, and then redo it).

All of this will be handled by Windows 7 64-bits. I was wondering whether 8 GB will suffice or if I should opt for 16 GB. What do you think?

Thanks everyone for the attention!

Comments