Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to pick a near better low cost affordable vps server for my needs..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me to pick a near better low cost affordable vps server for my needs..

goodonegoodone Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

Hi experts! I need a suggestion from you guy's..

I want to switch from vpsdime to a near better low cost affordable vps server.

I has been using 7$/month high performance vps from VPSdime. Which I would say best I have used as a 1st time experience into vps panel. 6GB ram, 4vcore cpu, and a 30gb ssd. Lovely instant support. and 100% Uptime since I ran for 6 months now.

But now I feel that I won't be needing that kind of beast machine to run 5 to 10 wordpress website and an open source cpanel like ispconfig/ajenti for easy site management.

From server monitor I noticed this it was only using around 2gb to 3gb ram out of 6gb. (I didn't made any optimize configuration when installed this opensource panel as I am not that expert).

But I do believe that maybe I can save some $$ and downgrade my plans and can try to get a budget vps for 3$ to 5$ per month (if one available). But vpsdime have no lower plans. So I need a VPS which I can run 10 to 15 WordPress CMS smoothly, 2gb to 3gb ram (Are this amount necessary for 15 cms site?. Would love to run 64bit linux distributors) . minimum 25gb to 30gb ssd, minimum 1 to 2 tera bandwidth. Of course I need to be able to install open source cpanel - ispconfig/ajenti with full root access.

If server is good and trustworthy then I have no problem to pay yearly. I would like to stay longer then moving server to server as this would be my 2nd and final decision.

So kindly please help me out. Thanks.

Just to let everyone knows.

UPDATE:

I has asked vpsdime if they got any cheaper plans but they told me they don't have cheaper plans and I have still 2 more months left on my subscription with them.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Any VPS can smoothly run 10 wordpress sites, it really depends on the content and traffic.

Honestly though I know currencies etc mean $1 can be a big saving in some parts of the world but if its not then I would say if it is not broke don't fix it, if you start moving based on price you will regret it later.

Speak to Octay before you move, he does have cheaper plans on other brands perhaps he could move you to one of those.

Failing that if you really do think saving a few dollars is worth the effort pick one of the top 10 from the polls (on lowendbox).

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Any VPS can smoothly run 10 wordpress sites, it really depends on the content and traffic.

Honestly though I know currencies etc mean $1 can be a big saving in some parts of the world but if its not then I would say if it is not broke don't fix it, if you start moving based on price you will regret it later.

Speak to Octay before you move, he does have cheaper plans on other brands perhaps he could move you to one of those.

Failing that if you really do think saving a few dollars is worth the effort pick one of the top 10 from the polls (on lowendbox).

Yes, you got that right AnthonySmith. it is financial issue that I am facing. But I will ask Octay if he have any cheaper plans and see what he says...

will response soon.

• MunMun Member

Ramnode?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@goodone said:
    will response soon.

I understand @goodone I would be willing to offer you space on my vm nodes.
    note I don't know if you absolutely need ssd(I have hdd nodes but they run as smooth and fast as possible.) for just wordpress sites but I do want to tell you though I can get you free interworx from delimiter as it comes with my package with delimiter from @MarkTurner as I am selling vm's on the node so they said that I would get free interworx licenses for each ipv4.....so contact me via sales ticket here: https://blesta.keyedinsoftware.us and I will work something out with you(like I said I would be even willing to help you out by allowing you to have your vm free on my nodes until you get your financial issue fixed and then we will discuss what and how much you want to pay then when that time comes)
    ask @Ndha she is one of my current customers on how good my support is and how good the nodes are.
    plus I would be willing to help you out with any problems of configuring your vm or vps including Web server to the best of my knowledge

• MunMun Member

If you are happy with your current host then stay. The extra few dollars is worth the peace of mind, and not having to spend hours "fixing" the server.

• Hello,

I think you will be able to run on a low specification vps no problem.

alot like our $4/month package or one of our annual packages

Have a look here

Hope this helps

• bersybersy Member

Take a look at UltraVPS KVM offers https://www.ultravps.com/ssd-vps.php, you can use MAR60OFFAN code to get additional recurring 60% OFF on annually payment. So you can get 2 vCPU (E5-1660v3), 2GB RAM, 40GB SSD, 2 IPv4 for $56/year.

Check also https://www.runabove.com/instances/sandbox.xml

Mun said: Ramnode?

Ramnode what? Do they offer 2GB RAM SSD plans for $3-5/m? I guess you are very much aware that answer is no.

• edited March 2015

Don't move! I think you will be asking for a headache and you might end up in a place which you will really hate. Honestly, if this wasn't an established brand i would try to win you over to my services but I am no where in Oktay's league and I am fine with that. Maybe one day i could have a successful brand like vpsdime!

• Just to let everyone knows.

@vpsdime: told me they don't have cheaper plans and I have still 2 more months left on my subscription's.

aggressivenetworks said: Don't move! I think you will be asking for a headache and you might end up in a place which you will really hate. Honestly, if this wasn't an established brand i would try to win you over to my services but I am no where in Oktay's league and I am fine with that. Maybe one day i could have a successful brand like vpsdime!

I may have no other choice beside moving out. I know they are perfect because I have used them but my needs are @ 1st also.

@timnboys: I have sent you an email in that link. Want's to know more in details about this as I have also got some questions along...

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Go with Crissic, you won't regret !

• @goodone said:
    Just to let everyone knows.

vpsdime: told me they don't have cheaper plans and I have still 2 more months left on my subscription's.

>

goodone said: I may have no other choice beside moving out. I know they are perfect because I have used them but my needs are @ 1st also.

>

@timnboys: I have sent you an email in that link. Want's to know more in details about this as I have also got some questions along...

I just replied to your ticket and hopefully answered your questions.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

For 5 to 10 wordpress blogs using 2-3Gb I don't think you need SSDs, a well configured provider with Raid10 and lots of capacity on the node should be fine.

I can offer you our SOVM - 4GUK : Memory - 4GB, Diskspace - 50GB, Bandwidth 2TB with discount code LETONLY7

Details Here

Hope you get what you are looking for.

• If you want to save some money why not switch to shared hosting. For example buyvm has a reseller plan for $2-4 per month. Then you can give customers a cpanel account

• @httpzoom said:
    For 5 to 10 wordpress blogs using 2-3Gb I don't think you need SSDs, a well configured provider with Raid10 and lots of capacity on the node should be fine.

I can offer you our SOVM - 4GUK : Memory - 4GB, Diskspace - 50GB, Bandwidth 2TB with discount code LETONLY7

Details Here

Hope you get what you are looking for.

I love how you tell him you don't think SSDs are necessary only so you could offer him your HDD based VPS

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited March 2015

@thharris said:
    If you want to save some money why not switch to shared hosting. For example buyvm has a reseller plan for $2-4 per month. Then you can give customers a cpanel account

Because I am afraid of the word "Shared Hosting". Once upon a time I had bad experiences with Godaddy premium shared hosting. 4 WordPress site installed and premium hosting turned into crap hosting. (I think it was around 7$ per month for that package)

• @goodone said:
    Because I am afraid of the word "Shared Hosting". Once upon a time I had bad experiences with Godaddy premium shared hosting. 4 WordPress site installed and premium hosting turned into crap hosting. (I think it was around 7$ per month for that package)

Don't worry @goodone I can tell you my vps hosting will never turn into crap hosting.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Go with Crissic, you won't regret !

Did you used it before? Your shared hosting site using their server?.

• @goodone said:
    I had bad experiences with Godaddy premium shared hosting. 4 WordPress site installed and premium hosting turned into crap hosting. (I think it was around 7$ per month for that package)

That's not a problem with shared hosting, that's a problem with GoDaddy.

6GB ram, 4vcore cpu, and a 30gb ssd for $7/mo is either completely and utterly oversold, or they're selling to you at a huge loss. You would be better off getting a small $5/month droplet and learning to optimize it. Installing a panel is going to cost you a lot of precious resources.

My recommendation would be to go with a shared hosting provider that is known to be solid. You should consider BuyVM (haven't used them, but they're popular as hell around here) and StableHost (i've used them and it's great).

I hate to be "that guy", but if you need "2gb to 3gb ram", there's no way in hell that's happening for less than $7 from a reputable provider. The most you'll save by downgrading is $1-2 a month, and you'll probably have to downsize tremendously compared to your current plan. If $1-2 a month is that important to you, you should rethink whether your websites are worth hosting at all.

edited March 2015

I just replied to your ticket @goodone and gave you the custom plan you was asking for.

• Jonchun said: 6GB ram, 4vcore cpu, and a 30gb ssd for $7/mo is either completely and utterly oversold, or they're selling to you at a huge loss. You would be better off getting a small $5/month droplet and learning to optimize it. Installing a panel is going to cost you a lot of precious resources.

I heard vpsdime is one of the brands of @serverian who owns the popular backupsy.com. and Since it's OpenVZ, this means it can be oversold.

But I can't say this for sure. This info. has been obtained from another board. (google)

I used them 6(-2)months and service and server both were great.

• Vpsdime should be a good offer. I doubt you'll have better metrics with lower VPSes. 10 wordpress can be hosted even on 7$ IPv6-only yearly VPS, but the problem is performance (and with <512 mb RAM you definitely can not run any control panel as control panels takes resources and usually have the worsest possible optimization of components).

As you are not a sysadmin, the best choice is to stick with your current plan.

• @timnboys said:
    I just replied to your ticket goodone and gave you the custom plan you was asking for.

Hi, I didn't meant you to make me a custom vps already for me. I just needed some information regarding your vps service. Sorry to asking you this but this need to be delay. As I have still my subscription on present vps (2months left) and lots of things can be changed within this 2 months.

Just another question.

You has mentioned delimiter several times. Are you hosted your server with them?. Or this package you wants to give me from them?.

edited March 2015

@goodone said:
    You has mentioned delimiter several times. Are you hosted your server with them?. Or this package you wants to give me from them?.

yes I am hosted two of my servers with them(the other nodes are with ovh france and hetzner don't know location all I know is it is in dc 15).
    oh the custom vps hasn't even been provisioned yet just the plan in blesta.
    sure I will leave the plan up for you as long as you need it. and then just order it when you want to/need to.

• timnboys said: and hetzner don't know location all I know is it is in dc 15).

Nürnberg.

• okay thank you @William for telling me that as I had no idea where it was at....plus is that in germany?

• Yes

• @Frecyboy said:
    Yes

okay thank you @Frecyboy

• goodonegoodone Member
    edited March 2015

@timnboys

Are you for real?. I don't know what to say... but I just did a google about your username to see if you are really a famous one. and It showed up. Indexed all over with about your services and sleeping problems...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/40548/vps-offers-from-keyedinhosting

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33771/goodhosting-please-respond

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/40962/hello-everyone-keyedinhosting-will-be-having-some-expected-downtime-today#latest

Will that happen with me too if I pick your vps?.

Also this domain http://keyedinsoftware.us/ is this your brand page?. :)
    No information about vps brand, tos etc?..

Thanked by 1Hassan
    edited March 2015

@goodone said:
    timnboys

Are you for real?. I don't know what to say... but I just did a google about your username to see if you are really a famous one. and It showed up. Indexed all over with about your services and sleeping problems...

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/40548/vps-offers-from-keyedinhosting

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33771/goodhosting-please-respond

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/40962/hello-everyone-keyedinhosting-will-be-having-some-expected-downtime-today#latest

Will that happen with me too if I pick your vps?.

Also this domain http://keyedinsoftware.us/ is this your brand page?. :)
    No information about vps brand, tos etc?..

Sorry but that won't happen with you at all.
    Well The vps brand is on blesta panel and the tos is mainly anything goes as long as you don't do anything illegal....plus if you don't believe me contact @Ndha as he will vouch for me(he is one of my current customers).
    and the domain is mainly multipurpose(meaning the main page for my hosting business is my blesta panel) the brandpage is https://blesta.keyedinsoftware.us

• @timnboys said:

Fun Fact: Did you know PNGs support transparency?

Thanked by 1Hassan