Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CNServers support for HTTP Headers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CNServers support for HTTP Headers

Currently, CNServers and my CDN seem to be having a fight over whether the CDN requests should be allowed and every once in a while, CNServers starts blocking the CDN from making requests.

Support at the CDN pointed me towards https://www.keycdn.com/blog/restrict-cdn-traffic/ as a possible solution.

Does anyone know if CNServers can whitelist using http headers?

Comments

• I don't think it's possible, but can't you request another IP without any "layer 7" HTTP protection stuff?

• edited March 2015

@linuxthefish said:
    I don't think it's possible, but can't you request another IP without any "layer 7" HTTP protection stuff?

The protection is actually done through a GRE tunnel on the VM. The main problem is that the site is actually hosted on a Directadmin VPS without DDOS protection. It would require that I create a DNS entry with that unprotected IP in order for the CDN to pull which is non-ideal.

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    The protection is actually done through a GRE tunnel on the VM. The main problem is that the site is actually hosted on a Directadmin VPS without DDOS protection. It would require that I create a DNS entry with that unprotected IP in order for the CDN to pull which is non-ideal.

Does your provider have auto nullroute? Buy another IP and hope they don't terminate :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

CNServers offers Layer 7 protection? That's news to me. Are you 100% sure it's CNServers filtering it out and not something tacked on by your provider?

• Fixed by cdn provider - apparently requesting hundreds of files in a second after cache is purged triggers it.

• @KuJoe said:
    CNServers offers Layer 7 protection? That's news to me. Are you 100% sure it's CNServers filtering it out and not something tacked on by your provider?

We actually have layer 7 ability from day one. :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@CNSjack said:
    We actually have layer 7 ability from day one. :)

Not by default right? I remember we could open a ticket for special filters in the past, is that what you're referring to?

• By default we do have it set. If you need more information on how it works please discuss in private.

@KuJoe said:
    Not by default right? I remember we could open a ticket for special filters in the past, is that what you're referring to?

• yhuzayhuza Member

cnservers never have protected L7 :) them just make rate limit L7 if ip get attack methode L7 :)

• @KuJoe said:

Sort of.

• Simply false. I can tell that you are not our customer.

@yhuza said:
    cnservers never have protected L7 :) them just make rate limit L7 if ip get attack methode L7 :)