Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Branding ideas?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Branding ideas?

I've just registered IT2R (d0t) COM and I want to run a web development/consultant service with that domain. Do you have any ideas playing around with it? Thanks :)

Comments

• Shouldn't you figure out the branding before the domain?

• @concerto49 said:
    Shouldn't you figure out the branding before the domain?

I have some ideas, it's just that I feel that I myself is not good at being creativity and people may give me much better ideas than I can imagine :)

• I.T. 2 Real

Thanked by 1MichaelBui
  • MichaelBuiMichaelBui Member
    edited March 2015

How about this:

(1) Run > (2) Ramp up > (3) Rock

We:

(1) Run our services

(2) Ramp up your business

(3) Rock the world

• 2R=tour
    Take the IT tour
    IT2R bus
    IT2R de force

Thanked by 1MichaelBui
  • No client cares about your slogan. The client cares about the value you can provide him. That's your focus point.

• @deadbeef said:
    No client cares about your slogan. The client cares about the value you can provide him. That's your focus point.

If this were true, GoDaddy and EIG could not possibly be so big.

• @deadbeef said:
    No client cares about your slogan. The client cares about the value you can provide him. That's your focus point.

I disagree with you cos branding is important not only in the quality of service but also in customer's impression on the logo, slogan, ui (web, mobile apps,...)

• @MichaelBui said:
    I disagree with you cos branding is important not only in the quality of service but also in customer's impression on the logo, slogan, ui (web, mobile apps,...)

• Take a piece of paper and draw the logos of the last 3 companies whose VPS you purchased.
    • If that fails, draw the signs of the last 3 doctors you visited.
    • If that fails, write down the slogans of amazon, ebay and cisco (last one should be easy).

Report your results :)

• @Jonchun said:

Who told you they don't provide value to their customers?

• @deadbeef said:
    Who told you they don't provide value to their customers?

You sir, need to get yourself checked if you think EIG provides anything close to the "value" you can expect at a dependable web host.

@deadbeef said:
    Report your results :)

You're not being helpful at all. He's asking for suggestions, and you're giving him 3 overgeneralized steps on how to brainstorm (which he's probably already done).

• Jonchun said: You're not being helpful at all. He's asking for suggestions, and you're giving him 3 overgeneralized steps on how to brainstorm (which he's probably already done).

He is not giving steps to brainstorm, he's giving example of branding bring no value :)

• @Jonchun said:

Ok, you've said your piece, you can go back to your cave now feeling warm in the belly. I'm not interested in commenting unthoughtful responses.

• First thing to do, get a logo, I recommend Ypson, and brand it around that.

• @deadbeef said:

You got called out, then you had nothing to say. Lmao.

@michaelbui I like Chris's slogan. That gets my vote.

• @Jonchun, @ItsChrisG: Is it understood as "I.T to real"? I dont know clearly what "to real" is. It's not popular/common to me :(

• Its "too". Not "to".

As in "It's too much for me!"

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited March 2015

@Jonchun said:
    You got called out, then you had nothing to say. Lmao.

Exactly, I have nothing to say to you. You win, hopefully this makes your life meaningful and a smile comes to your face and not just a simple "lmao" on a screen. I am a humanitarian (and against animal abuse), pleased to making a being a bit happy.

• Jonchun said: Its "too". Not "to".

Oh ok. Then what does "too real" mean? I know what "so real" means but "too real" sound negatively to me

• @MichaelBui said:
    Oh ok. Then what does "too real" mean? I know what "so real" means but "too real" sound negatively to me

It's slang.

• @Jonchun I know its slang but still not clear to me. Can u please explain more a bit?

• HostAxaHostAxa Member
    edited March 2015

This might give you some ideas/strategies

All the best!

• NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2015

For ideas, please refer: this

It2r? Doesn't look or sound like anything if you ask me. Use it for emails or for redirection to a better domain.

@Jonchun said: it's slang

Slang ain't good for business names.
    Usually scares the non-youngsters away.

I think names aren't totally useless. They might have a little impact but the services and the quality are more important.

We have all seen lots of companies with pretty names turning to dust.

But for companies that provide good quality and services, well they stay don't they? And... After a while nobody gives a shit about the names.