Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see in a billing software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see in a billing software?

KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
edited March 2015 in General

Hello everyone,

I am Jim, from Kwicero LTD (Registered in England & Wales, Company Number 09475165). I've developed KwiBill, which is currently on the market, and I'm wondering, what do you want to see in a panel? KwiBill was designed with ease of use in mind, and focused on security. We've left it unencrypted for all buyers so they can see what's underneath the code, no secrets.

Right now we have the following planned:

1. cPanel Module

2. SolusVM Module

3. Bitcoin Payment Modules (Coinbase, Bitpay, Blockchain)

What would you like to see added next? Your input means a lot, and will help drive where the panel goes in the future. If you don't wish to state publicly your suggestion, you can message me, or go to KwiBill website (see signature) and open a support ticket.

Due to some criticism on the design, a new one is rolled out.

We currently sell KwiBill at $40.00 one time, or SaaS with free lifetime license at $10/month.

Thanked by 1Jun

Comments

• I would chuck the SolusVM module and start with a Virtualizor module. Your target audience is small, startup hosting businesses that want alternative, cheaper software. Why else would they use your product instead of WHMCS/HostBill/Blesta? cPanel module is obviously a "must", but you should think about the types of products your potential users will be using. They'll most likely be using "alternative" software.

So think in terms of the following IMO:

• Interworx (instead of cPanel)
    • Virtualizor (instead of SolusVM. Although Virtualizor is becoming more and more popular, I'd say the bigger hosts are still using this)
    • Webhook - Can be used for custom stuff
    • OnApp - Would be used by starter hosts looking to resell resources from an OnApp environment

Next, if your code is unencrypted, how do you plan to license it properly? Are you willing to accept the fact that people will be pirating your software?

Finally, in terms of actual features, I would start with listing the features you currently have, so that people can add on what they'd like. One thing I'll suggest right off the bat is the make sure you have mass-edit functions. Blesta, one of the few alternatives to WHMCS absolutely SUCKS at working with more than ONE product/client/whatever at a time. They don't have any mass edit features at all. Yet instead of adding important stuff like viewing all clients with a specific service, mass editing/mailing, etc. and making their actual panel work better, they decided that it was more important to update their solusvm modules and other things... If you come up with a billing software that is remotely usable, I'd say your closest competitor would be Blesta so check out what they have and make sure you do it better.

• Thanks for the suggestions.

Jonchun said: Next, if your code is unencrypted, how do you plan to license it properly? Are you willing to accept the fact that people will be pirating your software?

Yes, we work on a honor system, I accept that it will be pirated, I'll do my very best to remove pirated copies from the wind.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, we work on a honor system, I accept that it will be pirated, I'll do my very best to remove pirated copies from the wind.

Sounds like an awful lot of work. First thing I'd say before you get any sales is to hire a web designer and create a quick but pretty (bootstrap?) template for the panel. Even if it's functional, no one's going to use it if it looks like poo.

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited March 2015

Jonchun said: Sounds like an awful lot of work. First thing I'd say before you get any sales is to hire a web designer and create a quick but pretty (bootstrap?) template for the panel. Even if it's functional, no one's going to use it if it looks like poo.

I've already got a design up currently, you can see it here: https://kwibill.net/billing/

I created the current design. Screenshots: http://imgur.com/VjDSSJ5,FdGJqRu,GiBNsxN,OcrOT4U,QRqgGhs,r4fSAh1,GORoUvP,H1f854H,FeF0UVa,zPMP1p6,ZDAVDxS,U7R5nPZ,S8Y6R50,PqABiXp#0

• I was referring to that design. It has some basic layout done, but there's no css styling on any of the elements, there's a marquis at the top that looks like it jumped here from the 90's, it's way too bare, etc.

• Jonchun said: I was referring to that design. It has some basic layout done, but there's no css styling on any of the elements, there's a marquis at the top that looks like it jumped here from the 90's, it's way too bare, etc.

Yeah, I was focusing on a simple, easy to use design.

• DennisDDennisD Member
    edited March 2015

I agree with @Jonchun, that marquis is really stupid, looks way better without. Take at a look at https://bootswatch.com, it gives you some bootstrap modifications so it looks less default.

• As I said on VPSBoard, it's a complete rip of ClientExec.

Thanked by 1pphillips
  • Licensecart said: As I said on VPSBoard, it's a complete rip of ClientExec.

It's not a RIP. If it's a rip of ClientExec, then ClientExec and mine are both rip's of hostbill, right?

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited March 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:

Come on are you that thick or stupid? Hostbill has a black top, and grey under, and the boxes look nothing like ClientExec, there's no grey gap at the top.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

They all look similar to be honest because they use the same framework. A black top and a grey gap are not the biggest of differences..

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Licensecart said: Come on are you that thick or stupid?

For a business man, you're showing your maturity very well. I will terminate communications if you stoop to childish levels.

As for the design, I've already been working on a different one, it's still under development, but a preview is as follows:

I've went with a grey,blue,dark grey/brown color scheme on this one.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    I've went with a grey,blue,dark grey/brown color scheme on this one.

New design is much much much better.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Jonchun said: New design is much much much better.

Thank you! You can view it here

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited March 2015

What in the hell is all the hoopla about the interface? I've spent maybe 5 minutes logged into billing panels in the last 6 months. Functionality is far more important than vanity.

People like to complain because they can, don't get caught up in it.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @KwiceroLTD said:
    For a business man, you're showing your maturity very well. I will terminate communications if you stoop to childish levels.

As for the design, I've already been working on a different one, it's still under development, but a preview is as follows:

This is a forum I don't have to be professional, and you can't claim to be professional using a design like another system and claim you can't spot the similarities. And if you want to terminate communications feel free again it's a public forum and I can post where I want how I want. And if you have any other communications with me I don't know where...

As for the new design that's better and not like other systems. What people call unique.

• Licensecart said: As for the new design that's better and not like other systems. What people call unique.

Thank you, do you have any suggestions on to how it can be improved?

• @KwiceroLTD I would like to add a suggestion maybe you could add a licensing system similar to whmcs but instead of it just for php scripts you could have the ability to use it for .net projects and other things too?(not for the billing system itself for your own projects as the whmcs licensing module is for too.)

• timnboys said: I would like to add a suggestion maybe you could add a licensing system

I have a licensing system already implemented.

• cassacassa Member
    edited March 2015

Any ideas for your pricing?
    Features I would like:

• Easy to create modules
    • Pages in modules (like integrated SolusVM)
    • License generator/download stuff thing
    • Mail piping
  • cassa said: Any ideas for your pricing?

We already sell at $40.00 one time fee.

• cassa said: Easy to create modules

Funny you speak of that, I was actually building a base-module creator for people to use and expand on.

• cassa said: Pages in modules (like integrated SolusVM)

Yes, this is planned.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

http://prntscr.com/6iocc1 - Dont get me wrong but I think even a beginner could do better with bootstrap than that....

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited March 2015

BharatB said: Dont get me wrong but I think even a beginner could do better with bootstrap than that....

Thanks for that. I don't see it on my end, but I'll up the height a bit. I'm not an expert designer, so I don't expect my design to be very well done, that's why I've contracted Squidix to do the designing.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited March 2015

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Thank you, do you have any suggestions on to how it can be improved?

I'd prefer something like this instead of the buttons, but this is my taste and I have to use a nice billing system which is why I love what I use now:

Code: http://pastebin.com/5eRWw4RJ

LET doesn't allow Markdown for code.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • cassacassa Member

Getting the same here ;)

• cassacassa Member

Suggestion for the theme: don't use too much btn-primary classes

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @Licensecart Thanks for the suggestion! I'll play around with it and hopefully push out a theme update within the next hour or two. I have a few other modifications to make, I noticed a bug in the WYSIWYG template editor built in the admin control panel, so have to patch that.

• cassa said: Getting the same here ;)

Added on my to-do list.