Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 2012 VPS - 2GB, >=2cores, >=30GB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 2012 VPS - 2GB, >=2cores, >=30GB HDD

I need a licensed Windows 2012 VPS with 2GB of ram, 2 or more cores and 30GB or more HDD. I'm indifferent on transfer as my Windows sites are all pretty low traffic. Geography isn't important to me, but I'd prefer US and US currency for billing.

I'm currently a Winity customer (and have been for quite a while), but I've been having a lot of trouble with their Orlando node lately. I'll hard lock, and have to power-down via Solus to get the VPS back up. About an hour ago, I hard locked while trying to download a hotfix from Microsoft via IE ... I think its time to move on to a more reliable host. Pity.

Comments

• n0myn0my Member

Is runabove good?

• Could you PM me your ticket ID please?

• No issues in Winity LA for me, You should ticket them

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tritium said:

I'm currently a Winity customer (and have been for quite a while), but I've been having a lot of trouble with their Orlando node lately. I'll hard lock, and have to power-down via Solus to get the VPS back up. About an hour ago, I hard locked while trying to download a hotfix from Microsoft via IE ... I think its time to move on to a more reliable host. Pity.

Could also be software related, example could be wrong driver installed or if you have installed a virtual cd/dvd rom.

@serverian
    Welcome back even if it's only for a short time.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • tritiumtritium Member
    edited March 2015

@mikho said:
    Could also be software related

Very true. At this point, I've disabled just about all the non-essential services -- SQL and IIS are still running, but that's about it. I've no virtual CD or DVD drive on there either, though that's a good thing to check generally too. I've got this thing stripped down to pretty much bare metal, and it still locks up. :( It wasn't always that way though. The VPS ran like greased lightening when I first got it, but now its got issues. CPU utilization will be 1-2% and RAM usage around 30-45% (during RDP), and a request to open the start menu might take 30-40 seconds to complete. Its not my home connection with the latecy. I get the same results from work on our L3 gig drop versus at home on my 100MB cable connection. Then, there's the straight up locks which aren't affected by RDP session latency.

@serverian said:
    Could you PM me your ticket ID please?

Happy to do that. I'll pull a few for you later this evening and PM. There have been several with no real resolution except to bounce the VPS. At this point, I've stopped writing in when I lock up, and am just bouncing the VPS via Solus since it didn't seem like we were working toward "fixing" the issue more than they were band-aiding it. Not knocking you all though. You've been a great host for quite a while and I'm realistic about what LoS I should expect for what I pay, but the last 3-4 months have been rough in Orlando.

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

Let me know if you are still having this issue. I can get you setup with a Windows 2012 server with a Valid License. I have options for that in New York and Montreal, currently.