Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syslint - Anyone ever use them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Syslint - Anyone ever use them?

HostCheetahHostCheetah Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

http://www.syslint.com/

Wondering if anyone here has ever used Syslint for any of their service offerings / SysAdmin / HelpDesk / Etc...

Also they are the developers of a plugin we may use for WHM Backups - cPremote.net

Thanks for your comments!

Dave

Comments

• I would suggest PSM if want cpanel management. heard of them

Thanked by 1HostCheetah
  • @Randy , PSM is one of the providers we do use / quite good and inside the USA

Thanks for the comment!

Dave

• I might be able to help you out with server admin. Link in my signature.

• I wouldn't really call cpanel management system administration. 99% of it = reading warning emails and clicking a few buttons.

• it covers the whole server, as long as you have CPanel installed. i have seen outsource company charging lower and not 29/mo

• We have used Syslint: They do a standard 'server hardening' however, if they break things in a set up, like CURL which WHMCS relies on, they'll have NO clue.

English is also fairly poor.

PSM only do cPanel management, I've been indirectly involved with them before, they have been pretty good, but they don't support any thing else which makes things a bit limiting.

In my opinion, you really want an English based tech, who actually has a passion and understanding for what they do <-- these guys are invaluable.

That said, it's a case of you get what you pay for. If you only want to offload a few support issues here and there with server set up, Syslint will get the job done, but like ALL outsourced companies like this, you CANNOT rely on them.

I only trialled Syslint for a few months just to see how they were in a test environment. Their coding is usually equally just as poor.

I learnt this from experience, if you want it done and done right - do it yourself. :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have used them in the past. I got to say that I was satisfied with them. Theyd id only basic stuff, but nothing more than that. Indian techs with bad english, however if you explain slowly, they will do pretty much anything in cPanel.

• It did not use them for server management tasks, but I paid for one of their cPanel plugins and was not too happy with the communication and support. Turnaround time for tickets was between 12 and 24 hours. Answers were often quite generic and not always helpful. It sucks a bit to receive an answer like described when you know that the next reaction will take 12-24h again. As others said, their english was not always the best, but I am not a native speaker too, so that did not bother me.

So if their server management is like their plugin support - Consider other options!

• We use syslint and find them great. I have had some serious issues with my server in the past and these guys really worked hard and solved them. Their response time is always fast. I feel that they are very experienced at what they do.

• I feel they are a fraud company, i paid for services and they asked me to upgrade the services which i denied, and they refused to pay the payment what i made to them.