Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Catalyst Host - Lenoir, NC - from $4.50/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Catalyst Host - Lenoir, NC - from $4.50/m

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited September 2012 in Offers

Before I begin, I notice the excessive use of the word "we" in my post. Catalyst is not a large company or pretending to be. Me & Ryan are more easily referred to as "we."

A few weeks ago we launched our Denver, CO offering that was designed to appeal to people who want large quantities of bandwidth on quality hardware. It comes with a side effect that we are honest about. It isn't the best network. That trade off clearly appeals to many, and it has been quite a success. However, that is not the service that I want to offer those who want to host mission critical content. We desire to appeal to both needs and that is why we have been working on our second offering.

Today I would like to introduce the launch of our Lenoir, NC services. We have worked hard on preparing an offering that we could be proud of from every angle. Between you and me, this is the quality that I want as a customer. To match that as a provider pleases me greatly.

Here are the offers:

NC1
2 cores
256 / 256 vSwap
20gb storage
300GB on 1Gbps port
$4.50/m
http://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

NC2
2 cores
512 / 512 vSwap
30gb storage
400gb on 1Gbps port
$6.00/m
http://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

NC3
4 cores
1024 / 1024 vSwap
40gb storage
500GB on 1Gbps port
$7.00/m
http://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=23

This node is running 2x Xeon L5420 and a hardware RAID10.

Test IP: 199.241.191.195
Test file: http://199.241.191.195/100mb.test

Feel free to ask any questions here or via our website's contact form. Keep in mind that a ticket alerts us both, a message here only alerts me. We do offer custom plans tailored to your needs, just let me know.

No benchmarks provided, it's an empty node. It runs about like a dual L5420 with a 512mb flash write cache on a 1Gbit line, with nobody else on it. I'll encourage benchmarks when it gets broken in ;)

Comments

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

@jarland said: Me & Ryan

Ryan & me ;)

Great offer, iirc NC is really unique amogst LEB hosts

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm from East Texas, it's a wonder I learned to use punctuation? Me still don't do it that good.

;)

• @jarland, what is the difference between this and the unmetered? Except the bandwidth.
    So far I'm satisfied with the unmetered one :)

edited September 2012

More consistent quality bandwidth. FDC is well known for using the bare minimum in upstream providers. I don't want to trash talk my own offering, but I don't want to lie, it's not where I'd host mission critical content. Great hardware, inconsistent bandwidth. It certainly does the job for a lot of people though.

• Any plans for ipv6?

Desired, but no time frame right now unfortunately.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

Thanked by 1jar
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Ryan & me ;)

"Me & Ryan" is actually correct. If you were to switch the order around, it would be "Ryan & I" ;)

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Victor
  • Good . i am sure your IO is good;-) so i wont bite you for now ;-)

you can bite me later tho ;-)

Might get a box ;-)

• dacentec, fwiw

@fly Yeah, I really do like dacentec.

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited September 2012

@Kuro said: "Me & Ryan" is actually correct. If you were to switch the order around, it would be "Ryan & I" ;)

It depends on whether you're using the subjective case or the objective case. You don't go from "I" to "Me" just because you switch the order they're in.

To elaborate, it's "Ryan and I" when you're the subjects of the sentence. "Ryan and I went to the store." It's "Me" when you're the object of the sentence-- "LA Kid blamed the DC for that truck running over Ryan and me." This gets confusing for people in sentences with multiple clauses. The simplest way to check yourself is to take the other person out of the sentence and see if "I" still sounds right. "Michelle went to the bar with Ryan and I" might sound right at first, but if you take Ryan out of the sentence and say, "Michelle went to the bar with I" then you'll realize it sounds wrong.

The More You Know.