Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail server for 128MB low end box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail server for 128MB low end box

Did anybody manage to install mail server (I prefer something with automatic installer) to 128MB VPS ?
Of course without mail scanner and clam as these eat your ram and cpu like a hell

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

in theory you just need to install postfix and dovecot and modify the configuration.

http://tech.tiq.cc/2014/02/how-to-set-up-an-email-server-with-postfix-and-dovecot-without-mysql-on-debian-7

Thanked by 1ckissi
  • Any other suggestions with installer script ?

• You can install a lot of control panels that have preinstalled mail servers and webmail, and will run fine (if you disable clamav and spamassassign, that I do not recomend).
    For example, you could install virtualmin even in a 128 box (I run it in several boxes withut actual problem), vestacp or sentora and you will have your mail server.
    But, if you don't know how to configure manually, optimize and secure a mail server, do not try it. You will never be able to avoid spam incoming and, in the end, hacked server.
    I'm saying that because you seem to look for an install script for easyness...

Thanked by 1ckissi