Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Airprint to PDF as a Service in a FreeBSD Jail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Airprint to PDF as a Service in a FreeBSD Jail

I'm looking for something like Printopia but open source and which can run as a service inside a FreeBSD jail.

There are a few tutorials out there for doing this in various flavors of Linux, but most are several years old and seem to rely on the iOS device sending the print output as PDF--Apple changed this in (I think) iOS 7 so it doesn't send the output in that format anymore.

Anyway, since I have a FreeBSD server running other stuff I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make it work so I don't have to use Printopia (the cost isn't too of a big deal, but my Mac isn't always on whereas the server is).

Comments

• emgemg Veteran

Printopia Pro runs as a service. It does not require any user to be logged in. It offers "enterprise" capabilities above the consumer-oriented Printopia. It is expensive ($79) compared with Printopia ($20).

• Thanks. Printopia (not Pro) would be fine for me, but I was hoping for a) something free and, b) something to run on FreeBSD since that computer is always on.