Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launching VpsInChicago.com - Need Suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Launching VpsInChicago.com - Need Suggestions

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hello, a few friends and I will be launching http://vpsinchicago.com. We will be selling XEN-PV VPS's in Chicago and Dedicated Servers in Chicago with the Xen Citrix Server allowing you to create your own XEN VPS's too! Our XEN-PV Nodes will run SolusVM with Intel Xeon processors. Do you think this is a good idea? What else should we sell? We are currently only looking to sell XEN VPS's or KVM VPS's. We also think Chicago, IL is a great location for anyone in the US as it is Central and it is a very nice city. :) Please recommend us some templates to use! :D

Comments

• Aren't there enough hosts in Chicago already?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2012

Come up with a better name. Logo sucks too.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Chicago! Chicago!, It's a city that's exciting! It's a city that's inviting,
    It's a city for a woman just like me!

There's a lake they call Lake Michigan!,
    I think I'm really fitting in!
    This city is my perfect cup of Tea! Chicago! Chicago!

Moar Chicago!

AboveClouds • UK Company • UK Datacentre • UK Customer Support

High Performance Pure SSD Cloud Hosting with a personal touch

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Aren't there enough hosts in Chicago already?

I'm actually surprised to see that there are a lot more Chicago LEB hosts than there are Dallas

• @winston said: Dallas

Some one mentioned? :P

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

Thanked by 2Jeffrey jamson
  • We wanted the name of the city to be in the domain, ChicagoVPS was already taken. xD

• @winston said: I'm actually surprised to see that there are a lot more Chicago LEB hosts than there are Dallas

You have Continuum in Chicago which is really really really cheap for colo, not sure if you have a similar one in Dallas

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

• @zhuanyi said: Continuum

Network maintenance email almost on a daily basis for 1 month I was with them. No thank you.

Time is good and also bad. Life is short and that is sad. Dont worry be happy thats my style. No matter what happens i won't lose my smile!

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Network maintenance email almost on a daily basis for 1 month I was with them. No thank you.

This is my first month with them and so far I only got one email about network maintenance but it is for their control panel, I think they used to suck big time, but getting better since they did some upgrade on their network. I guess we'll see.

http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

• @zhuanyi said: This is my first month with them and so far I only got one email about network maintenance but it is for their control panel, I think they used to suck big time, but getting better since they did some upgrade on their network. I guess we'll see.

Well I was with them last year, so hope things might have changed.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Well I was with them last year, so hope things might have changed.

Wish me luck :)

• @zhuanyi said: Wish me luck :)

Best of Luck! Have a good one :)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Edited

• CoreyCorey Member, Provider

We've been with continuum for over a year now. Great service.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • WindyCityVps.com?

SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
    6UA.net Various tools, screenshots, password gen, looking glass, etc..

• @Zen said: chicvps.com

it will be similar to 'chicken vps' :)

• ChicVPS would have been a good domain, yes, but we've already registered vpsinchicago.com :)

• You cant beat @CVPS_Chirs ;-) he might kill you;-)

• @Jeffrey are you open to any names or specifically Chicago ones only? This awesome domain is available..

ninjavps.com

:P

• @Zen If anyone wants to purchase Vpsinchicago.com domain then we will switch domains. ;)

• @Jeffrey I'll bid a dollar just for you to not use that name, seriously Jeffrey it's pretty bad and makes it sound like some crappy niche vps site.

• @AsadHaider said: @Jeffrey are you open to any names or specifically Chicago ones only? This awesome domain is available..

ninjavps.com

:P

Not anymore!

• @Jeffrey said: @Zen If anyone wants to purchase Vpsinchicago.com domain then we will switch domains. ;)

No offense, but if you can't even afford the registration fee for a new domain...how are you planning to keep this business afloat?

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

• @Corey said: We've been with continuum for over a year now. Great service.

I just got a quote from them. Holy cow are they ever affordable.

• Somebody needs a small business loan!

• @Victor I can afford it, but where would the vpsinchicago.com domain go once I register another? And besides, I honestly don't see what is wrong with that domain, what's so bad about it?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2012

@Soylent said: Somebody needs a small business loan!

The 50c interest on that $7 loan is a real killer!

@Jeffrey said: I can afford it, but where would the vpsinchicago.com domain go once I register another? And besides, I honestly don't see what is wrong with that domain, what's so bad about it?

Just cut the ten bucks you spent, and forget about it.

• So who regged ninjavps.com eh?

• Is the location a big enough selling point that it's worth using it in your name? There are a million providers in Chicago, one of which (ChicagoVPS) has you hopelessly beaten when it comes to SEO positioning. Why not try to come up with a more creative name? It also frees you up if you ever want to expand in the future. It still seems weird to me that ChicagoVPS has servers in Buffalo. I know it's a stupid thing, but there it is.

I'm on the record as seriously hating keyword-heavy names though, so take my input for what it's worth. Yes, "petstoresintoronto.ca" will probably rank highly in Google when I search for "pet stores in toronto," but it's a stupid name for your pet store, and it makes me feel like you're just not trying.

Thanked by 1shaunpud