Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help About A Driver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Help About A Driver

IAmNewIAmNew Member
edited March 2015 in Help

Please Help xD

I have a WD Elements portable (2tb) (Also known as Elements 10B8) its usb 3.0 and 2.0, it works on my windows 7 computer, and a 8 computer of mine BUT on another computer (also windows 8) it wont recognize it and it comes under unknown devices (Other devices) Leaving me unable to use it and with no drivers, iv looked its impossible to get a driver for it without getting scams and more.

Just need some help.

Comments

• That drive is plug in play, there are no drivers required as it shows up as a standard mass storage device. If you are having issues on one pc and not another you likely have a USB port issue or overall an issue with your windows OS.

In short, the drivers needed are part of the Windows OS.

• @leckley said:
    That drive is plug in play, there are no drivers required as it shows up as a standard mass storage device. If you are having issues on one pc and not another you likely have a USB port issue or overall an issue with your windows OS.

In short, the drivers needed are part of the Windows OS.

So its my operating sustem then :/ any idea on fixing that issue?

• SadySady Member

Have you tried to get drivers from windows update?
    You can do so by going into Devices & Printers > Right click on computer icon > Driver installation settings & then modfy that.
    You should've internet connection kn that though.