Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody selling HostDime Brazil VPS with TUN/TAP enabled?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody selling HostDime Brazil VPS with TUN/TAP enabled?

vpnareavpnarea Member
edited March 2015 in Help

It seems like no other provider in Brazil can offer 1gbp/s line on the price that Hostdime Brazil does.
This has prompted me to try out their servers.

Unfortunately after buying a new VPS I found out that they would not on purpose enable TUN/TAP for any (new?) node. There are nodes which have it enabled and people are using TUN/TAP on their VPS, they would not however do the same for new requests.

So if somebody has an account with HostDime Brazil in either Sao Paulo or Nordeste and TUN/TAP is enabled I'd be willing to buy it off of you, I'll pay 100$ for transferring your server to me. I prefer Nordeste data center, the plan is "VPS POS I".

It is beyond common sense why they would silently not allow TUN/TAP for new nodes, even though all their competitors do allow it and they've allowed it for many existing members.

In the mean time if you can recommend any other provider with similar prices and specs I'll be grateful.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Did you try offering them $100 to enable TUN/TAP? :D

Thanked by 2KeyJey ATHK
  • @rm_ good thinking! :) I'm afraid if I go back to dealing with their google-translating team I'll have to spend more than 100$ to recover my mental health

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • This 1Gbps port really worth 50$ per month?

• vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited March 2015

@fitvpn comparing to what else is out there I think yes, at least temporarily. I know from Softlayer they are planing to start offering services in Brazil very soon. Equinix bought Alog.com.br recently, they may have some interesting offers too but they don't seem to be in any rush answering emails. Most other providers who offer more than 1-5mbp/s require you to have Brazilian ID to order.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Try Tavola/Durand. They are pretty good

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

vpnarea said: vpnarea

Why not go 2-5Mbps KVM with unmetered taffic for 12$ than 1Tb OVZ for 50$?

Also traffic may go trough USA

• @gbshouse thanks I'll look them up

@fitvpn 2-5mbp/s won't be enough for many of the customers, I need more speed

• Problem solved, miraculously somebody intervened from their USA branch and sorted out the issue :-)

• Sure, they do everything depending how many $$ you offer to them :)

• @vpnarea - who do you use for your vpn server in Mexico?