Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheap Dedicated Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheap Dedicated Servers

Are there any servers with at least 2GB of RAM and around $5 per month. I know Kimsufi offers one at $7 but want to see if there are any others.

Comments

• What specific application or task are you going to do?

I'm fairly certain a cheap KVM VPS will do just fine depending on what'll you do with it.

• @MarkTurner should be able to provide you for $60/year if you pay yearly.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @TheKiller said:
    MarkTurner should be able to provide you for $60/year if you pay yearly.

Yes, Delimiter is also a good option $5/ Month if paid Annually, I've got one of their Atom 230 Servers, been solid so far (picture below)

It's being used as a file server for images like the one above.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • +1 for Delimiter Atom 60$/year

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • PcNyPcNy Member

Delimiter Atom looks interesting. But question is Atom 230 enough for today's processing intensive task?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@PcNy said:
    Delimiter Atom looks interesting. But question is Atom 230 enough for today's processing intensive task?

Like what?

• PcNyPcNy Member

@trewq said:
    Like what?

Running game server, for example.

• Online.NET has a good offers.

• serverguyserverguy Member
    edited June 2015

If you looking for a dedicated server on Cloud. Go straight to 'shill removed'

Pricing starts from $5 (512MB DigitalOcean).

• @PcNy said:
    Running game server, for example.

Hell no.

• standardlookstandardlook Member
    edited June 2015

@serverguy said:
    If you looking for a dedicated server on Cloud. Go straight to

Pricing starts from $5 (512MB DigitalOcean).

@nexmark

I'm looking for at least a 2GB RAM server. Delimiter seems like a good deal.

I am going to use the VPS for hosting cryptocurrency wallet nodes (not mining). I prefer a dedicated because VPS providers usually ban if they see a huge spike in load.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • PcNyPcNy Member
    edited March 2015

@george said:

:(

• @PcNy said:

Atom 230 - simply not doable

• @PcNy said:

You could easily run a small source server on an Atom 230.

• @standardlook - Try it for a month and see how it goes. Wallets are not overly demanding on CPU, but do check the spec of the CPU, its an Atom D230 which isn't turbo-charged, its a simple/low cost CPU.

• What gameserver are you running? Atom 230 is fine for small stuff like SA-MP.

• @MarkTurner It says it is a limited time offer, though I probably won't be needing it until a couple months later. Will it still be available?
    I have about 40 wallets on an atom N2800 but they occupy 100% CPU almost daily. I definitely won't be able to load so many into a D230 but I'll see how it goes.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

standardlook said: I have about 40 wallets on an atom N2800 but they occupy 100% CPU almost daily. I definitely won't be able to load so many into a D230 but I'll see how it goes.

If you only want to host the wallets, you can limit the upload to the blockchain and except for the initial download (which you can bootstrap), there will be no load. What's causing the 100 % CPU load is most likely you uploading blocks to others (not being a leecher).

• @Nyr said:
    If you only want to host the wallets, you can limit the upload to the blockchain and except for the initial download (which you can bootstrap), there will be no load. What's causing the 100 % CPU load is most likely you uploading blocks to others (not being a leecher).

How would you do that?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

standardlook said: How would you do that?

Not sure since I don't have experience with the daemon really, but you could try to limit the number of connections to just a few plus restrict upload (nor sure if this can be done via the config itself). If it's hard/not working, you could just use cpulimit.

Anyway if the server is dedicated to this task, just don't worry about it and keep contributing to the blockchain. It will run fine on the Atom 230, even if it's now using all your CPU on a better processor :)

Thanked by 1standardlook