Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Own Dedicated Cloud Server $49.00 A Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your Own Dedicated Cloud Server $49.00 A Month

allgoodallgood Member
edited March 2015 in Offers

**NeedaServer.Net**

dedicated cloud servers

Your Own Dedicated Cloud Server-
Do Whatever You Want (Legally) _Resell Space on Your Own Cloud _

Here's What You Get for $49.00

Dell C1100 Server with 2 X L5520 Quad Core

24 GB RAM Included

Free IPMI Included

1 TB WD Hard Drive or 120 GB SSD

Super Network
24/7 Support
Windows* or Linux Install

NeedaServer.Net

$49.00 Flat

And you can, at extra cost
Upgrade to 4 Drives of Various Sizes and Type to Expand Cloud Storage
Add up to 256 GB of RAM
Increase Network to 1 GB Unmetered

All at Super Low Price

NeedAServer.Net

Use Discount Code LOWEND1095 Choose Bronze Package for This Price

Yes! Feel free to ping 66.117.7.150

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

And what exactly is the 'cloud' part here?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

Amitz said: And what exactly is the 'cloud' part here?

Marketing

• Good Question- The Term Cloud is definitely used and misused to be and mean many things, in this case this server would for sure qualify- as well as actually any Dedicated Server or perhaps VPS Here is the definition from PC Mag

In the simplest terms, cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. The cloud is just a metaphor for the Internet

pc magazine .Mar 13, 2013

• @Amitz said:
    And what exactly is the 'cloud' part here?

Would you have clicked on this thread if it didn't have the word cloud in the title? No? That's why he put it there, to make you interested when in reality, there's no real difference to this being a Dedicated Server.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

camjac251 said: Would you have clicked on this thread if it didn't have the word cloud in the title? No? That's why he put it there

Well we clicked, so here we are, watching a brainless marketoid trying to invent yet another ridiculous way to misuse the term, making fun of him and generally having a good time

Thanked by 2Nekki ucxo
  • cassacassa Member

@Amitz use the cloud to butt addon :-)

• My dear friend -"In the simplest terms, cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. The cloud is just a metaphor for the Internet-" I did not make that up, I copied it- Maybe by clicking on it you learned something. Rather than come up with wise remarks, if a dedicated server is not a cloud server, tell we what the cloud is as it relates to the internet? The fact that half the world or most of the world doesn't know what the cloud is - and attempts to create some bogus hype about what it is, when it is really just a drive on the 'net and nothing more- this is not marking, when people state it is something else that is marketing,

If I am wrong, please educate me- tell me what the cloud is not what isn't.

I can assure you say what you will I will not waste anymore time in this educational process, if I am wrong and that is not the definition of a cloud, you tell me, what is def of a the cloud :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

@allgood said:
    If I am wrong, please educate me- tell me what the cloud is not what isn't.

Cloud is the replication of data across various locations with redundant backup and High Availability , IP failover etc... , Cloud also is a cluster of servers located in a DC or a group of clusters located at various locations which are super fast in terms of computing and IOPS.Resource Pooling, On Demand Services are some of the key features.

The C1100 comes under a microcloud category which is only limited to hardware in your case.

Thanked by 1mashokk369
  • They supply the server (dedi) ; you build the cloud. Now you have a cloud server. @allgood you owe me a drink

Thanked by 1leb_anonymous
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

rm_ said: Well we clicked, so here we are, watching a brainless marketoid trying to invent yet another ridiculous way to misuse the term, making fun of him and generally having a good time

My hero.

• Clouds on dedis are too expensive. I'll wait till there are virtual clouds in virtual networks sold by virtual providers. Of course I'll insist on proper virtual RAID!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@HostNun said:

hey you missed nimbus...

• @agentmishra said:
    hey you missed nimbus...

and nimbostratus, and cirrostratus, and ..... but who is really counting??

• So CloudFlare uses Altostratus technology, I guess?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@geekalot said:
    and nimbostratus, and cirrostratus, and ..... but who is really counting??

hahaha

• AmitzAmitz Member

bsdguy said: Of course I'll insist on proper virtual RAID!

Vultr has all you need then! ;-)