Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making 2 vps sync
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Making 2 vps sync

ThronesThrones Member

heya,

I have two VPS one in Nederlands and other in Germany. I run a couple of sites on the Nederlands box, not fancy just PHP/MySQL with mainly static pages.

Not sure if sounds right but want to make it so Germany keeps to recive updates from Nederlands so if goes down I switch manually from Nederlands to Germany in cloudflare and all stays up but is all same

possible?

Comments

• rsync

• wychwych Member

rsync and mysql replication.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@wych said:
    rsync and mysql replication.

Sounds about right however to avoid missing something rsync would need to be running a non stop loop, is that the most efficient way?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Syncthing/btsync

• godonggodong Member
    edited March 2015

lsyncd/csync2 + Galera

• DevilDevil Member

I tried almost everything (except Syncthing) but finally btsync is what works quick and dirty, never failed.

• Along btsync, I'm going with mysql dump instead of mysql replication. And a small bash script to aid the dump & replacement. It's a little more work and not that fancy, but I sleep peacefully at night.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

BTSync is probably the fastest way, but it's closed source. :( lsync is rsync with real time updates iirc so I would probably use that.

• drbd XD ?

• add heartbeat to that and you can have the entire process automated :)

• TinkuTinku Member

bump! Need help

I want my VPS 2 to keep receiving updates (files,database,conf files everything except os files) from VPS 1 and this should happen every hour so that VPS 2 don't miss any update from VPS 1 and if VPS 1 fail i can switch to VPS 1 and make it up and running. Is there any easy way to do it? Rsync mostly corrupt the OS files for me if i sync whole /* and there is no option to sync mysql/mariadb using rsync.

So any easy way or automatic script to achieve it?

• SvenSven Member

moosefs