Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to transfer a few sites to a new server and looking for a control panel script.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unable to transfer a few sites to a new server and looking for a control panel script.

I have Joomla and Moodle sites that needs to be transferred to another server. I am using Akeeba Backup. I think I just figured out the issue here. Those sites were set up to use MySQLi while the new server does not have that feature. It uses VestaCP. Can you recommend another type of Control Panel script that will install (LAMP) that has MySQLi?

At first, I was thinking that Joomla and Moodle based websites are really not meant to be transferred to another server. But I just found out that it is because of using MySQLi instead of MySQL. I don't know if CentOS Web Panel supports it too.

There are also SugarCRM and WordPress based sites that I was able to successfully transfer. I think it is because they are just using MySQL instead of MySQLi.

If you guys know a control panel script that installs MySQL along with MySQLi, please tell me more about it. We need a control panel script so that those other users who are not familiar with server handling can have a user-friendly GUI to configure everything on their own.

Comments

• Depend on php version. In version 5.3, mysqli is optional. In version 5.4+, mysqli is default.

Kloxo-MR 7 using php 5.4 as default.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

You probably only need to enable mysqli to php and you can use any control panel you like.

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    Depend on php version. In version 5.3, mysqli is optional. In version 5.4+, mysqli is default.

Kloxo-MR 7 using php 5.4 as default.

The problem is, I don't know how to check the version of PHP.
    I just installed this one (http://vestacp.com/pub/vst-install.sh) and it works fine.
    It's just that, MySQLi is really needed, unfortunately.

@mikho said:
    You probably only need to enable mysqli to php and you can use any control panel you like.

Thanks! But how? I am currently checking out http://vestacp.com/docs/ but it seems that they don't have the instructions about the installation of MySQLi.

• From ssh, run 'php -m' and you can see 'mysqli' if already installed.

@AdventureTime

If you can wait an hour or two I can find what you need to edit in Vesta to enable mysqli and post it here for you.
    In the middle of dinner now and I have some other work to prepare after.

Thanked by 1AdventureTime
  • FalzoFalzo Member

depends on your OS, make sure php5-mysql is installed and the module is activated - yet I am very sure this is included in package-list coming with vestaCPs installscript...

• FalzoFalzo Member

justb read the whole first post again...

said: But I just found out that it is because of using MySQLi instead of MySQL.

by what you did find that exactly this should be the issue?

AdventureTime said: Thanks! But how? I am currently checking out http://vestacp.com/docs/ but it seems that they don't have the instructions about the installation of MySQLi.

I checked two of my Vesta installations, both have mysqli enabled by default.
    run php5 -m | grep mysqli and php -m | grep mysqli (both should give you the same result)

If you get mysqli as the result then it is enabled. Then your problem is something else

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:
    justb read the whole first post again...

by what you did find that exactly this should be the issue?

It is because during the Akeeba Backup transfer process, MySQLi is selected by default and not MySQL.

@mikho said:
    If you get mysqli as the result then it is enabled. Then your problem is something else

Okay, I'll try to update you regarding that. I just find it weird because both SugarCRM and WordPress sites are working fine after the server migration.