Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest 1U colo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest 1U colo?

XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

Can be anywhere without US east coast.

My server's power is about 120W...

Need /29 IPv4 and /64 IPv6.

Port speed >50Mbps, and bandwidth I need 3TB.

Comments

• I don't know if "without" was a typo or bad translation. However would Los Angeles work?

• @OnraHost said:
    I don't know if "without" was a typo or bad translation. However would Los Angeles work?

LAX is okay...

I means... anywhere except US east coast.

• Bandwidth and port requirements?

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited March 2015

Dacentec - Most friendliest guys and their support is always on top of their things

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • @OnraHost said:
    Bandwidth and port requirements?

Port >50Mbps

Transfer 3TB

• It will probably be cheaper to just rent a server from someone like Delimter, instead of coloing. Colo would make sense only if it's a beafy and expensive server.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • MunMun Member

Datashack

• RamiRami Member
    edited March 2015

@rds100 said:
    It will probably be cheaper to just rent a server from someone like Delimter, instead of coloing. Colo would make sense only if it's a beafy and expensive server.

+1

You can check online.net , OVH & oneprovider.com for a dedicated they will be cheaper than colo

• Check with the guys at Dacentec.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We sent some equipment to Incero Seattle for $35/month 100Mbit unmetered. Unsure if the deal is still available though.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited March 2015

@Rami said:

People colo for a reason why be stuck with Online or OVH who can be hard to reach and when a issue arises good luck with getting it fixed unless it's business hours. Plus when you expand and have say quarter rack or half rack your pricing falls dramatically. You also get more control over the machine you are running with far less restrictions.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

clamhost said: People colo for a reason why be stuck with Online or OVH who can be hard to reach and when a issue arises good luck with getting it fixed unless it's business hours. Plus when you expand and have say quarter rack or half rack your pricing falls dramatically. You also get more control over the machine you are running with far less restrictions.

He's asking for a single server, where renting is much cheaper and reliable.

Also, no need to be stuck with Online or OVH for renting.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

East coast? Dacentec, although depending on what your server's specs are, it might be more cost efficient to just rent or rent-to-own from them.

• Not sure if we are the absolute cheapest, but check out our Colo page. Meets or exceeds your requirements :)

• RamiRami Member
    edited March 2015

@clamhost said:
    People colo for a reason why be stuck with Online or OVH who can be hard to reach and when a issue arises good luck with getting it fixed unless it's business hours. Plus when you expand and have say quarter rack or half rack your pricing falls dramatically. You also get more control over the machine you are running with far less restrictions.

He is talking about a small server so in this case it's always cheaper to rent not to colo

About online and ovh it was just an example he can go with any other host

• WHT has some single colo offers from a variety of providers. Most single server colo comes with 100Mbps bandwidth.

• CrabCrab Member

@Mun said:
    Datashack

+1

• J1021J1021 Member

@clamhost said:

Stop being stupid.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • said: Need /29 IPv4 and /64 IPv6.

Port speed >50Mbps, and bandwidth I need 3TB.

What price do you need it at? Can offer some deals in Dallas for you.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Do you consider USA only or is Europe fine with you as well?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We have in seattle for $35