Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Cloud" Windows Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"Cloud" Windows Servers

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any "cloud" (yes true cloud, budget is of no limit here) that are not either Azure, Amazon or Rackspace?

Ideally a POP in London (or at least europe is desirable). We'll be running mission critical stuff so support is key.

Thanks,

Comments

• My signature, please. Fr is available

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited March 2015
  • DH22DH22 Member

Tagadab

• Thanks for the mention, any questions let us know!

• ReeRee Member

I'm using the cheap RunAbove sandbox, but if they ever take those away (or raise the price) I'll probably take a look at Luna Node:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/46128/luna-node-dynamic-hourly-billed-toronto-kvm-floating-ips-detachable-volumes-virtual-networking/p1

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Try us

All our Windows VPS are on server pool with SAN storage
    Also our Support is true 24/7 through live chat if you face issues

https://servarica.com

We are located in Montreal, Canada

we dont offer hourly billing just normal monthly billing

Thanks

• If you don't mind the question, why exclude all of the big cloud players if budget is of no limit ?

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited March 2015

Hey we offer a True Cloud available in a few EU spots.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

Ree said: I'm using the cheap RunAbove sandbox, but if they ever take those away (or raise the price) I'll probably take a look at Luna Node

Thanks for the mention! We don't deal with any licensing for Microsoft Windows or any other non-free operating system though, unless OP already has that handled then RunAbove or other provider with his or her desired proprietary operating system may be better choice.

• OnraHost said: Hey we offer a True Cloud available in a few EU spots.

Define "true" "Cloud" please...

in my mind it's merely marketing nonsense.

• @TarZZ92 said:

This +1

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2015

Hi @BradND!

What about one of the iomart brands? Maybe not for your taste in which I would recommend CoreIX in Enfield, London.

No experience directly with CoreIX however they have a good reputation:
    http://www.coreix.net/cloud

• DylanDylan Member

If budget's no concern, you can't get more premium than SoftLayer.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Patrick Cheers, checking them out now!
    @dediserve I'll keep you in mind, looks very good.

Currently checking our CoreIX, Tagadab + ElasticHosts as mentioned support is key here since it's a fairly large deployment.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • ReeRee Member

@perennate said:
    Thanks for the mention! We don't deal with any licensing for Microsoft Windows or any other non-free operating system though, unless OP already has that handled then RunAbove or other provider with his or her desired proprietary operating system may be better choice.

RunAbove doesn't handle licensing either, they only offer a 180 day trial of 2012 R2.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • JFIJFI Member

You need Private Cloud, Public Cloud, VPS Cloud ?

• SadySady Member

@JFI said:
    You need Private Cloud, Public Cloud, VPS Cloud ?

Care to elaborate three terminologies?

• JFIJFI Member
    edited March 2015

Sady said: Care to elaborate three terminologies?

Do you know the difference ?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Rackspace do fully managed Azure, if you need top-notch support and money is no object, why would you ignore them?

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited March 2015

@Nekki we've just migrated £5k/mo of infra from rackspace (mostly to our own cluster). The performance was terrible and the support is just a bounce from department to department, not satisfactory at all :-(

We've rented a private cloud and used elastichosts for some of the other bits and bobs, so far so good.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BradND said:
    Nekki we've just migrated £5k/mo of infra from rackspace (mostly to our own cluster). The performance was terrible and the support is just a bounce from department to department, not satisfactory at all :-(

We've rented a private cloud and used elastichosts for some of the other bits and bobs, so far so good.

Which facility were you in?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We can provide cloud vm (xen) in France.
    Support team is 24/7
    Pm me if you want ot know more :)